1-Day DIY Kids Book Storage Build

$10

Are you running out of room for your books? I was, but I found unused space for them. You probably have this extra space too!
This 1-day storage hack works on top of cabinets and other furniture. It’s a great way to avoid putting more storage on the floor, when you’re running out of space. This Book Storage Idea doubles the space on top of cabinets, dressers, desks, etc.
And the build is so simple. You can use lumber, MDF, or plywood for this build. If you have enough scraps already, like I did, bonus!! You can adjust the length and depth on this build to fit your space perfectly. Just be sure to run a support under long shelves to prevent sag. I used a 1×3 for mine.
This area was always a mess. The books would slide over and fall because nothing was holding it in place. And there wasn't enough room for all of them.
I use a guide to make perfectly straight cuts with my table saw.
Here are the sides, shelf, and the 1x3 support cut and ready to assemble.
Glue, clamp, and nail the 1x3 support to the bottom of the shelf. Make sure everything is square before clamping.
I use my brad nailer and space the nails every 8 - 10". It's probably more than necessary, but it doesn't hurt.
Attach the sides in the same way.
Then fill the gaps and nail holes with wood filler, sand, prime, and paint. Quick and easy!
Double the book and toy storage now! And the sides keep the books from falling over and sliding all over.
See the full DIY and my trick to stop the kids from pulling the shelf down here.

Stephanie Abbott

• Gruber

Thanks for sharing. :)

• Angelita

That is brilliant but don't said that is easy because no all us have this tools to do this