Entryway Mudroom Makover -

$80
1 Week

Here's how we transformed our entryway into a fully functional mudroom.

If your home has no entryway organization then you know it’s extremely hard to keep clean. That was the case with us. Home from school and shoes are where?! Center of the living room of course! ? It’s not that we didn’t have a shoe rack at all. We did, (photo above shows before makeover) it just wasn’t very pretty and hardly makes you want to organize your shoes on it. Before starting on our little corner makeover I was debating between two styles for the shoe organization part of our mudroom. First I was thinking to go with something very simple. Just a plain shelf with squares to insert your shoes into. Unfortunately my better half wasn’t a big fan of that idea. I knew that whatever I ended up with I wanted it to be very minimalist. So we’re talking lots or whites and natural textures.

Oh gosh yes those tile floors are hideous. (photo below) I’ve been so tempted to paint them… I’ve painted laminate floors before but, I haven’t tried tile yet. Anyone try painting tile?

Here's the process on how we built our bench! Sadly theirs been a lot of controversy all over social media about the fact that I covered the vent and plug even though I multiple times why I covered it.  #1 So to solve all questions... Our central air doesn't work at all. It has been rerouted and we heat our home with a wood stove. It's a pointless hole and not a real vent. #2 I covered the plug because I would never use one inside a bench and as far as it being up to code our whole house was built without permits and isn't up to code. No bank will ever give anyone a loan on it because it isn't a legal home. So I'm not too worried about it. I take all the chances I get at practicing my DIYS with this old home so that hopefully when we get a new home I'll know what I'm doing. I hope that make sense.

Here's what the complete corner looks like. :D So much easier to keep organized! :D

To sign up for my newsletter visit the following link -

http://eepurl.com/czq_T5

(sorry I tried linking it directly but for some reason it shows up blank)

Here is the video tutorial. (My favorite part is our little guy going out the door at the end :D )

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Lily Oleynik

• Lynn

What the heck is a mudroom?

• Sue Anne Stager

In Vermont we have "mud season" as snow melts and everything turns to mud. Some of the worse road conditions still exists in some locals. The Mud room is where the boots come off under threat of having to clean up your own mess. Some of us have extra socks/booties/slippers for guests so they don't get cold feet.

• Barbara Heiting

Why did you cover the vent

• Linda

How did you attach the pegs to the wall? I am referring to the coat hook pegs with the straps, on the wall adjacent to the shelves?

• Barb C

What a great simple idea. The placement and size of shelves could be changed as wanted. Good thinking and thanks for the idea.

• Kristen

You could plug in a boot dryer inside the bench... that probably what I would use that outlet for. Otherwise it is kind of useless 😉