Entryway Mudroom Makover -

$80
1 Week

Here's how we transformed our entryway into a fully functional mudroom.

If your home has no entryway organization then you know it’s extremely hard to keep clean. That was the case with us. Home from school and shoes are where?! Center of the living room of course! ? It’s not that we didn’t have a shoe rack at all. We did, (photo above shows before makeover) it just wasn’t very pretty and hardly makes you want to organize your shoes on it. Before starting on our little corner makeover I was debating between two styles for the shoe organization part of our mudroom. First I was thinking to go with something very simple. Just a plain shelf with squares to insert your shoes into. Unfortunately my better half wasn’t a big fan of that idea. I knew that whatever I ended up with I wanted it to be very minimalist. So we’re talking lots or whites and natural textures.

Oh gosh yes those tile floors are hideous. (photo below) I’ve been so tempted to paint them… I’ve painted laminate floors before but, I haven’t tried tile yet. Anyone try painting tile?

entryway mudroom makover

entryway mudroom makover

entryway mudroom makover
entryway mudroom makover

Here's the process on how we built our bench! Sadly theirs been a lot of controversy all over social media about the fact that I covered the vent and plug even though I multiple times why I covered it.  #1 So to solve all questions... Our central air doesn't work at all. It has been rerouted and we heat our home with a wood stove. It's a pointless hole and not a real vent. #2 I covered the plug because I would never use one inside a bench and as far as it being up to code our whole house was built without permits and isn't up to code. No bank will ever give anyone a loan on it because it isn't a legal home. So I'm not too worried about it. I take all the chances I get at practicing my DIYS with this old home so that hopefully when we get a new home I'll know what I'm doing. I hope that make sense.

entryway mudroom makover

entryway mudroom makover
entryway mudroom makover

Here's what the complete corner looks like. :D So much easier to keep organized! :D

entryway mudroom makover

entryway mudroom makover
entryway mudroom makover

To sign up for my newsletter visit the following link -

http://eepurl.com/czq_T5

(sorry I tried linking it directly but for some reason it shows up blank)

Here is the video tutorial. (My favorite part is our little guy going out the door at the end :D )

Lily Oleynik

• Maggie

I am wondering why you did not paint the the top of the box? Perhaps because it is also used by your (cute as heck) son to climb on, for reach? Very nicely done, I rent and the walls are lath and plaster anyway, so not a good candidate for this project, unfortunately.

• Brandi

Your explanation about the vent & plug...EPIC! Kudos.

• Karen

is there ANYWHERE that the sizes and amounts are simply written???? I would love to do this project BUT I haven't had this much trouble trying to look at or watch or listen to something in a very long time

• Jaelene

I love this. I may have to find a spot to do it

• Barb C

What a great simple idea. The placement and size of shelves could be changed as wanted. Good thinking and thanks for the idea.