Frame Make Over

$10

I picked up this frame at a junk store for $7.00. I wanted to make something different for my room I just gave a make over to. I like rustic and natural.
frame make over
I remove the glass and photo from the frame. Wire pliers is a good tool to remove the staples for the frame. Place a trash can close by to discard the staples.

frame make over
I removes the cloth around the frame. One side was already coming off that is why I decided to do this. I used a utility knife in the hard places where the material was caught under part of the frame.
frame make over
I sanded and cleaned the frame. I used a wire brush and mild soap water.

frame make over
I first painted the frame with a gray chalk paint. I allowed the paint to dry over night.
frame make over
I then added antiquing glaze in the to the frame wiping off the glaze in some places try to not make it to dark. I allowed to dry most of the day.
frame make over
While I was waiting for the glaze to dry I went out in the yard and cut unusual limps off trees in my back yard. I made sure they were a little longer than the frame so that I had plenty of limb to cut away when I need to trim away excess. remember you can cut away but not add to the limb.
frame make over
I took my heavy duty stapler and attached the limbs to the back of the frame. In some places I added a little hot glue for extra support.  Thin limbs may brake when using the staple gun so keep the hot glue handy.
frame make over
Here is what the back looks like. Don't forget to place something down so you will not scratch your frame you painted if you are working on a hard surface.
frame make over
Here is the end results of my frame make over. Easy, fun and be creative.

• Sherry Boyle

Love this project. Just curious how it fits against the wall without the branches showing?

• Itsmemic

I like the look from the front..but like Sherry...wonder how it looks so far away from the wall? I think maybe I would try a shadow box?

• Jacquese Culp

I love rustic style. Would like a tiny house some day. I will remember this idea

Wonder how it would look much larger? 5' X 6'.

• Sharon

Do you spray your tree branches with anything to keep themfrom cracking or from bugs coming out sharon s.

• Heatherelzey

Yes i sprayed with a clear coat. The branches came off live trees. That helps prevent bug issues.

• Poo10044636

No Question..

This is fantastic!

I am a major fan of trees, limbs, leaves and anything of this nature. ( No pun intended).

Thank you..

Fabulous work.

Pat

• Natalie Hancock

I'm sorry, but is the glass back in the frame at the end of the project. I can't really tell. This turned out really awesome!