Frame Make Over

77K Views
I picked up this frame at a junk store for $7.00. I wanted to make something different for my room I just gave a make over to. I like rustic and natural.
Time: 2 DaysCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • frame make over
I remove the glass and photo from the frame. Wire pliers is a good tool to remove the staples for the frame. Place a trash can close by to discard the staples.

• frame make over
I removes the cloth around the frame. One side was already coming off that is why I decided to do this. I used a utility knife in the hard places where the material was caught under part of the frame.
  • frame make over
I sanded and cleaned the frame. I used a wire brush and mild soap water.

• frame make over
I first painted the frame with a gray chalk paint. I allowed the paint to dry over night.
  • frame make over
I then added antiquing glaze in the to the frame wiping off the glaze in some places try to not make it to dark. I allowed to dry most of the day.
  • frame make over
While I was waiting for the glaze to dry I went out in the yard and cut unusual limps off trees in my back yard. I made sure they were a little longer than the frame so that I had plenty of limb to cut away when I need to trim away excess. remember you can cut away but not add to the limb.
  • frame make over
I took my heavy duty stapler and attached the limbs to the back of the frame. In some places I added a little hot glue for extra support.  Thin limbs may brake when using the staple gun so keep the hot glue handy.
  • frame make over
Here is what the back looks like. Don't forget to place something down so you will not scratch your frame you painted if you are working on a hard surface.
  • frame make over
Here is the end results of my frame make over. Easy, fun and be creative.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 13, 2018 10:09 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.