SK's Old Dinged Refrigerator*Vintage Steamer Trunk

SK's old black fridge get a facelift with sculpture and paint.
Thanks to Modern Master Metal Effects Paint. And yes this does take some courage. But I have never been afraid of paint. It can be re-painted just as easily. Frightened? No...
I sanded the entire surface and painted it with a good bonding primer.
Using a Wood Frosting puddy I sculptured leather bands.
The buckles were also sculptured.
I painted the fridge with a deep chocolate.
I used a crackle medium and when dry I painted the entire surface a scarlet.
Hand sculpturing the bands and the buckles.
The sculptured bands and buckles were painted a deep iron metal effects paint from Modern Masters.
Rusty and corroded iron bands and buckles. Copper patina is painted on the rivets.
The main body is painted with a damask stencil in nine layers of four different reds.
I matt coated the old rusty iron bands and buckles, then waxed and buffed the damask. This has turned out seriously awesome next to my red cabinetry.
Corroded and loved.
I love the detail on my new vintage steamer trunk refrigerator. Go ahead I know you want to roll your eyes.
Take your best shot. If you like it I am humbled, If you don't go ahead I can take it.
These pictures might put things into perspective. It makes me smile. So just that makes it worth the effort.
Scared of paint? Me? Not! If and when I become tired of the brothel red I will paint it cream and antiqued it again. No harm, No foul. sk
ps. I have added a post concerning the other cabinets. Thanks for asking.
http://www.hometalk.com/3602751/do-with-what-you-ve-got

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives

To see more: http://sksartell.blogspot.com/2014/04/sks-fridge-to-vintage-steamer-trunk.html

• Teresa
    Teresa

This is freaking awesome!!! Come to my house please! I hope it was a new fridge. It needs to survive a long time. I did not look through all the comments, so I apologize if this has been answered, but how long did the process take you? You are truly talented to come up with this!!

• Carol Bellinger
      Carol Bellinger

Your amazing. And brothal red... is that what you call it 🙃🙃 that style is going to be so amazing in my pirate tiny house. The color is perfect

• Beth Hall Holman
    Beth Hall Holman

Oh WOW I LOVE THIS FRIDGE!!! It is scary to think of all that work but omg it's amazing. How did you come up with this idea? I just love it. I need to barrow you because I don't think I could do this. Great idea I'm just overwhelmed at all the steps. You've given me an idea I just don't know how to get it started. Help???!

• Kit10756228
    Kit10756228

What print did you use for your beautiful Logo?
    • SK on Elderberry
      SK on Elderberry

I searched online for dandilion fluff and music notes. Take Da!

I copied it into my Photoshop program and played.

Good luck. I'm glad you like it.

SK on Elderberry
      sksartell.blogspot.com

• SK on Elderberry
    SK on Elderberry

Thank you Jenn. I get a bit carried away with color. I can’t make it stop😂😂😂😂

SK

• Beth
    Beth

I am an artist, I was severely damaged trapped in a fire 5 yrs ago. Paint means pain these days, and I've got to freak in the this!! It's totally awsome. Thanks for the inspiration it's needed and greatly appreciated.