SK on Elderberry
SK on Elderberry
  • Bonners Ferry, ID

SK's Old Dinged Refrigerator*Vintage Steamer Trunk

SK's old black fridge get a facelift with sculpture and paint.
sk s old dinged refrigerator to a vintage steamer trunk, appliances, home decor, kitchen design, painting, repurposing upcycling
Thanks to Modern Master Metal Effects Paint. And yes this does take some courage. But I have never been afraid of paint. It can be re-painted just as easily. Frightened? No...
I sanded the entire surface and painted it with a good bonding primer.
Using a Wood Frosting puddy I sculptured leather bands.
The buckles were also sculptured.
I painted the fridge with a deep chocolate.
I used a crackle medium and when dry I painted the entire surface a scarlet.
Hand sculpturing the bands and the buckles.
The sculptured bands and buckles were painted a deep iron metal effects paint from Modern Masters.
Rusty and corroded iron bands and buckles. Copper patina is painted on the rivets.
The main body is painted with a damask stencil in nine layers of four different reds.
I matt coated the old rusty iron bands and buckles, then waxed and buffed the damask. This has turned out seriously awesome next to my red cabinetry.
Corroded and loved.
I love the detail on my new vintage steamer trunk refrigerator. Go ahead I know you want to roll your eyes.
Take your best shot. If you like it I am humbled, If you don't go ahead I can take it.
These pictures might put things into perspective. It makes me smile. So just that makes it worth the effort.
Scared of paint? Me? Not! If and when I become tired of the brothel red I will paint it cream and antiqued it again. No harm, No foul. sk
ps. I have added a post concerning the other cabinets. Thanks for asking.
http://www.hometalk.com/3602751/do-with-what-you-ve-got

To see more: http://sksartell.blogspot.com/2014/04/sks-fridge-to-vintage-steamer-trunk.html

• Teresa

This is freaking awesome!!! Come to my house please! I hope it was a new fridge. It needs to survive a long time. I did not look through all the comments, so I apologize if this has been answered, but how long did the process take you? You are truly talented to come up with this!!

• Carol Bellinger

Your amazing. And brothal red... is that what you call it 🙃🙃 that style is going to be so amazing in my pirate tiny house. The color is perfect

• Beth Hall Holman

Oh WOW I LOVE THIS FRIDGE!!! It is scary to think of all that work but omg it's amazing. How did you come up with this idea? I just love it. I need to barrow you because I don't think I could do this. Great idea I'm just overwhelmed at all the steps. You've given me an idea I just don't know how to get it started. Help???!

• Kit10756228

What print did you use for your beautiful Logo?
    • SK on Elderberry

I searched online for dandilion fluff and music notes. Take Da!

I copied it into my Photoshop program and played.

Good luck. I'm glad you like it.

SK on Elderberry
      sksartell.blogspot.com

• Carol Bellinger

OMG I have seen it all now.... that being said I absolutely love love it. I’m getting started on a tiny house on my sisters lake and this is exactly what I had in my head that I wanted but did not know how to explain it to anyone. Thank thank thank you. I want everything to look like something it’s not. You go lady. Your taste is beautiful. I AM GOING TO DO THIS.. please do more

• SK on Elderberry

Hi Carol,

Thanks so much. This was really a fun project. My last one id black and damask.

you can follow me on facebook too:

htt ps://www.facebook.com/SKonElderberry