DIY Headboard

72K Views
One weekend, a trip to Home Depot, and a power drill resulted in a new DIY Headboard where before there was none!
  • diy headboard, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, woodworking projects
Here's the before photo of our sad, lonely bed without a headboard:
A few quick visuals of how we framed and assembled the headboard - visit http://monamye.com/bien-fait-diy-headboard-part-2/ for the product list and step-by-step tutorial. Framing out the size of the headboard....
Applying the beadboard backing with some adhesive and finishing nails...
Lots of sanding, and some painting...
The finished product! This was an easy project for one weekend and we managed just one trip to Home Depot - always a bonus!
Beautiful, classic headboard finishes off the bed. And its even sweeter since we made it ourselves!

Suggested materials for this project:

Amye Mae

Ask a Question
      • Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement
        Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement Bountiful, UT

Very nice! And I'm very impressed that you did it all with only one trip to Home Depot. :)

• Amye Mae
            Amye Mae Washington, DC

Hello@Jen R - I'm afraid I don't have exact cost breakdown for this project since we did it so long ago. We also had most of the tools, sandpaper and paint, on-hand from prior projects. So it was just the lumber and beadboard...I want to say somewhere in the $100 range at most. I hope that helps with your decision! Would love to see a photo if you end up making one!

• SK on Elderberry
            SK on Elderberry Bonners Ferry, ID

Awsome. doesn't it feel great to build a great bed. I have build five and each one has a totally different look and feel. So fun. and so pretty. sk

• Mary Hofstra
                Mary Hofstra Las Cruces, NM

Do you have the pics and instructions of them here on hometalk? If not, we'd love to see them! My daughter is looking to make a headboard. I think she'll like the beadboard one, but I'm her mom! I'm usually wrong about these things!