Planter Repair and New Home

$10

Well, Spring is here and we have been getting some great weather. time to think about sprucing up the yard. My son’s friend was here and had these in the back of his truck. Of course I asked what he was doing with them ‘Oh gonna Trash them one of them is blown out on the side” he graciously gave them to me rather than find a way to get rid of them. That is how I got started with this project. With a little
planter repair and new home, The blown out side of resin planter
The blown out side of resin planter
The one corner of planter was damaged the worst, so I went to work with my gorilla glue.
planter repair and new home, Gluing and fillling in gaps
Gluing and fillling in gaps
I started gluing lose spots and filling in gaps with glue took toothpicks and jammed them into deeper areas and just snappped them off inside. I used ducked tape to secure in place.
planter repair and new home, Sanded off access glue
Sanded off access glue.
Once the glue was dry I sanded off the excess glue and areas that I would be filling with lightweight concrete.
planter repair and new home, Here my little helper
Here my little helper
Gorilla glue expands when dry. I just took a sanding block to the raised areas and it was ready to go with the lightweight concrete
planter repair and new home
I really didn’t care for the color they were and I knew it needed to be brighten up.
planter repair and new home, Here is what the concrete looked like done
Here is what the concrete looked like done.
I applied about 3 coats of lightweight concrete as it dried to add the groves and smoothed it with my fingers.
planter repair and new home, Sanded lightweight concrete to prep for paint
Sanded lightweight concrete to prep for paint
Once it was all dry i sanded with a sanding block and wiped it clean before painting
planter repair and new home
you can hardly tell it was damaged after my repairs
planter repair and new home
I had some Krylon fusion paint for plastic and went to work.
planter repair and new home, Blue really updated them
Blue really updated them
This was really an easy save the most time spent was waiting for glue and lightweight concrete to dry.
planter repair and new home, Now just waiting for planting season
Now just waiting for planting season
they are waiting for planting season.
planter repair and new home, Beautiful
Beautiful
I love the way they turned out! Now if I could just hurryup the cold weather so I can plant in them!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of July 30, 2018 10:19 PM - More info

3 questions on this project