Hayden Scharrer
Hayden Scharrer
  • Battle Creek, MI

Vintage Window Makeover Using A Poster

$8

We just installed a vintage door in our bedroom and I knew this room needed a little something else to go with it. I had an old window laying around and just needed to find some artwork to go in it. I ordered this cow butcher poster (affiliate link) here and some elmer's spray adhesive (affiliate link) and had this DIY finished in less than 5 minutes!
vintage window makeover using a poster
Step 1: Clean the inside of your window really good
vintage window makeover using a poster
Step 2: Do this step outside as the spray adhesive is STICKY! Spray the front of your poster with a thick coat. You can't do this in several coats because you don't want the glue to dry before you adhere your poster to your window. I sprayed one thick coat up and down the front of my poster.
vintage window makeover using a poster
Step 3: Lay your poster front facing down into your window frame. If your poster doesn't fit in your window exactly, and you need to center it, measure before you spray your poster, and mark where the top and bottom of your poster should lay with an erasable marker.
vintage window makeover using a poster
That's it! I used sawtooth hangars to hang this window. If you want to change your print out, just pull the poster out and clean the adhesive off and start over!

• Old Window
  • Poster
  • Adhesive Spray
Hayden Scharrer