Error loading player:
No playable sources found
DIY Nearby
DIY Nearby
  • Hometalk Team
  • Houston, TX

Episode 3: The Decluttering Tricks Every Mom NEEDS

Parenting is hard enough without having to deal with the mess and clutter of kid-raising life. After years of drowning in disorganization, Jess really needed help to get her space in order, and she knew just where to find it. She brought in Hometalk DIYer Sharon to show her some helpful tricks and guide her through what to throw, what to keep, and how to get the organized home of her dreams.
Check out Episode 3 of DIY Nearby to see how Jess, with the help of DIYer Sharon, completely transformed her kitchen drawers!

What's holding you back from organizing your space? Share your DIY challenges with us in the comments!

• AlisonGrimes

Anyone available in the Stafford, Va./Washington, D.C. area? We've moved and downsized, but it still feels like too much 'stuff' in our apartment (we live on the ground floor in a home with our daughter).

• Mlle LaFleur

Why don't you label each drawer with a temporary piece of masking tape indicating what's inside? I had to do this when I reorganized and it helped a a lot. Keep kid's stuff in lower drawers so they can get and return stuff on their own - use a picture of the item if they cannot read yet. Sales flyers are good sources for pictures.

• Crystal

I have the experience to assist those in a position of need for this type of assistance. How can I get my name out there to offer this assistance?

Crystal

• Carole Leader Kaye

IF you have a neighborhood on-line newspaper like Front Porch Forum, or Our Neighborhood..... post on that. Or a local newspaper.

• Patricia Arnold

Why is all the kids stuff in the kitchen drawers? That is what their rooms are for and to me, that looks like a beautiful newer home where the kids would have their own rooms. Baskets are the key. Also, no one need dozens of plastic spoons! Dump all but a few. The only way to declutter is to get rid of half the stuff, and DON'T BUY MORE.

• TZ

I need a dyi helper badly. However I'm in Perth Australia 😢