How to Get Rid of a Chalkboard Wall

Our chalkboard wall was painted by the previous homeowner and it was crooked, dusty, and kind of a mess- also right at our front entrance. Now it's a nice clean, white wall. It just took one weekend (and most of that was waiting for primer and paint to dry) but was super easy.
how to get rid of a chalkboard wall, chalkboard paint, paint colors, painting, wall decor
So long chalkboard wall! The white walls are White Truffle by Behr, and the gray flanking it is Wheat Bread by Behr.
To get started I removed the trim around the board, patched the holes and dents, and then started a sanding process.
I washed the wall, palm sanded it, sanding block-ed it, and repeated about 4 times. It was a big mess.
I used Zinsser primer to seal in all the dust I couldn't get off (yes, even after 4 washings it was still dusty), then 2 coats of Behr White Truffle paint.

Stephanie (Sandpaper & Glue)

1 comment