Farmhouse Pallet Wall Decor

$40

I have a nice sized wall in my dining room that really needed something. My home is decorated in an industrial farmhouse Style. After a lot of thought I decided to create my own farmhouse wall décor, using a picture I took of my husband’s grandparent’s farm, a pallet picture frame that I had from a previous project, and some mod podge.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Enlargement of the farmhouse picture I took.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
I used mod podge and a foam sponge brush
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Using the foam sponge brush I painted two coats of mod podge over the front side of the enlargement letting each coat dry overnight. This is right after the second coat was applied.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
This is a 1/4" piece of plywood that I had left over from a previous project.
I decided that I needed a back for the enlargement to make it a little stronger in order to attach it to the pallet frame backing.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Next I using mod podge to attach the enlargement to a thin piece of plywood.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here using I am softly ranning my hands across the enlargement to smooth it out over the plywood!
farmhouse pallet wall decor
After smoothing the enlargement out I mod podged around the edges to make sure it had a good seal to stay glued down.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here is the front of the pallet picture frame that I will be attaching the farmhouse picture too.
** You can see how I made this by going to my Pallets to Picture Frames posted project **
This is what the back of the pallet picture frame looks like.

farmhouse pallet wall decor
After seeing the farmhouse picture on the pallet picture frame I noticed that the edges of my plywood were showing a little bit and thought it needed a little something to dress it up!
farmhouse pallet wall decor
I centered the farmhouse picture onto my pallet picture frame, then using my air stapler I stapled the farmhouse picture to the Pallet picture frame.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
To cover up the plywood edges that were showing on the farmhouse picture I decided to use thin trim boards to create a frame. Here I am measure the trim boards then cut them using my pull saw.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here you can see the top and bottom trim boards are stapled in place. I used staples and my air stapler to attach them to the farmhouse picture.
farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here is the farmhouse pallet picture completed and hung on my dining room wall!
farmhouse pallet wall decor
I attached it to wall studs using sheet rock screws in the corners. It is very heaving! When looking at it from a certain angle it looks like a painting on canvas. The mod podge created a textured look and feel!
farmhouse pallet wall decor
I couldn't be happier with the end result and love that I was able to incorporate our family into my farmhouse decorating style

• Valrie Thrash

I have grain bins that my grandchildren make beautiful pics of ALL the time behind my country home..Differently gonna try this with one of the pics, thanks for sharing.

• Susan Holt

Very nice! I have some really cool old maps , I personally would keep the rough edges without the frame around the picture. Great job! I do need more walls!