Farmhouse Pallet Wall Decor

17K Views
 I have a nice sized wall in my dining room that really needed something. My home is decorated in an industrial farmhouse Style. After a lot of thought I decided to create my own farmhouse wall décor, using a picture I took of my husband’s grandparent’s farm, a pallet picture frame that I had from a previous project, and some mod podge.
Time: 3 DaysCost: $40Difficulty: Easy
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Enlargement of the farmhouse picture I took.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
I used mod podge and a foam sponge brush
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Using the foam sponge brush I painted two coats of mod podge over the front side of the enlargement letting each coat dry overnight. This is right after the second coat was applied.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
This is a 1/4" piece of plywood that I had left over from a previous project.
I decided that I needed a back for the enlargement to make it a little stronger in order to attach it to the pallet frame backing.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Next I using mod podge to attach the enlargement to a thin piece of plywood.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here using I am softly ranning my hands across the enlargement to smooth it out over the plywood!
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
After smoothing the enlargement out I mod podged around the edges to make sure it had a good seal to stay glued down.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here is the front of the pallet picture frame that I will be attaching the farmhouse picture too.
** You can see how I made this by going to my Pallets to Picture Frames posted project **
This is what the back of the pallet picture frame looks like.

• farmhouse pallet wall decor
After seeing the farmhouse picture on the pallet picture frame I noticed that the edges of my plywood were showing a little bit and thought it needed a little something to dress it up!
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
I centered the farmhouse picture onto my pallet picture frame, then using my air stapler I stapled the farmhouse picture to the Pallet picture frame.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
To cover up the plywood edges that were showing on the farmhouse picture I decided to use thin trim boards to create a frame. Here I am measure the trim boards then cut them using my pull saw.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here you can see the top and bottom trim boards are stapled in place. I used staples and my air stapler to attach them to the farmhouse picture.
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
Here is the farmhouse pallet picture completed and hung on my dining room wall!
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
I attached it to wall studs using sheet rock screws in the corners. It is very heaving! When looking at it from a certain angle it looks like a painting on canvas. The mod podge created a textured look and feel!
  • farmhouse pallet wall decor
I couldn't be happier with the end result and love that I was able to incorporate our family into my farmhouse decorating style

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 21, 2018 10:21 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.