DIY Pineapple for Your Front Door

While pineapples have always been used in home décor, recently a fresh take on this fruity accessory has hit the scene. Jump on this trend by making your very own pineapple for your front door with a few simple supplies!
All you will need is an empty soda bottle, plastic spoons, yellow spray paint, some faux greenery and burlap ribbon (or any ribbon)!
To make my pineapple, I spray painted my spoons yellow. After they dried I clipped off all the handles using garden clippers. Save yourself a step by buying spoons that are already yellow!
While my spoons were drying, I cut my soda bottle in half with a pair of strong scissors. Starting from the bottom, I glued each spoon to my soda bottle making sure to overlap the spoons as I made my way up to the top. I used hot glue but any type of glue that binds to plastic should work for you.
After you've glued on all your spoons simply glue your faux greenery into the bottle neck and finish off with a pretty bow!
Check out my blog for full details on this fun project for summer!
Sara Bates

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 12 comments
Next