Dale N.
Dale N.
  • Richmond, TX

Backyard Redo

$2300
24 Months

Wanted a little oasis of sorts as I am allergic to grass, this is what I did to my backyard.
backyard redo
I tore out the old fencing and replaced with new slats and galvanized aluminum.
backyard redo
Poured a 12’ x 12’ concrete pad, removed all grass in backyard and competed fencing all around the property. Outlined where I wanted beds.
backyard redo
You can see where beds will be and walkway to fire pit I installed.
backyard redo
Fire pit with bricks laid out around it.
backyard redo
Flower bed on right side of yard.
backyard redo
Doggie area.
backyard redo
Fire pit and beds.
backyard redo
This is layout of what I wanted to do to create the fire pit.
backyard redo
Fire pit completed, brick white-washed, 3-sided trellis by pit. This process has taken over 2 years and I am still working on plants and trees that will withstand the Houston weather.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 09, 2018 10:29 PM - More info

• Gin21907859

How does it look where you attached the metal to wood fence - do you have a picture of that ? Thanks

• Dale N.

I screwed the galvanized aluminum to the cross member boards. I put 10 slats and a sheet of galvanized aluminum then 10 slats.

• Pearle

I like your style. A lot! The textures you’ve brought in are fabulous: woodsy fence combined with shiny industrial, the tumbled look of the fire pit pavers, the softness of the grass. Is the walk path crushed limestone? I love that look too and it all works together. And I really like that you’re like me and a project might take or evolve over a couple of years but in the end it’s all worth it. Thanks for sharing - I’ll be using your ideas too.

• Dale N.

Thank you. Walkway is crushed granite gravel. I am working on it little by little. Hoping to get perennials planted so I only have maintenance. I love tinkering in my backyard.

• Dale N.

I had an arch there and took it out. My dogs weren’t having it. Lol. What is a pylon? Would you expound please?