How to Make a Tufted Anything Without Sewing

34K Views
I don't know about you, but every time I see a bed with tufted headboard or a tufted bench I completely fall in love with the piece of furniture. There is just something so elegant and sophisticated about anything that is tufted. So I had been dreaming of this tufted bench for the longest time! I originally saw it in a magazine. Then when I saw it in the store my jaw dropped. It was so incredibly expensive! There was no way on my small budget I could afford that. So in in true ToolBox Divas Style I set out to make my own tufted bench. In doing to I came up with the worlds easiest tufting hack. I will show you how you can use this technique to create a diamond tufted headboard or bench or what ever piece of tufted furniture of your dreams. And NO sewing needles or threads or even peg boards required. So please, don't be intimidated by this. You Got This!
Time: 3 HoursCost: $30Difficulty: Medium
  • Watch a easy tutorial on how to tuft a bench
Don't want to read the step by step tutorial? That's ok. There's a video . showcasing everything I did.
  • how to make a tufted anything without sewing
Yep no sewing products required. It can't get any easier than this.
Oh and did I mention that this tufting hack is budget friendly?! This process cost me under $30. I will show you how I used items you can find at Walmart to create the look.
One tool that I used a lot during this process is the staple gun. It came in very handy attaching everything.
As you move through the bench, starting from the center, you will start to see the diamond shape come together
I absolutely love how this turned out. It's like something I bought in the store, except I made it.  And you can do this too.
This diamond tufting process can be used on really anything. Interested in how I built this bench? Link here

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 10, 2018 11:44 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
ToolBox Divas