Watch a easy tutorial on how to tuft a bench

How to Make a Tufted Anything Without Sewing

$30

I don't know about you, but every time I see a bed with tufted headboard or a tufted bench I completely fall in love with the piece of furniture. There is just something so elegant and sophisticated about anything that is tufted. So I had been dreaming of this tufted bench for the longest time! I originally saw it in a magazine. Then when I saw it in the store my jaw dropped. It was so incredibly expensive! There was no way on my small budget I could afford that. So in in true ToolBox Divas Style I set out to make my own tufted bench. In doing to I came up with the worlds easiest tufting hack. I will show you how you can use this technique to create a diamond tufted headboard or bench or what ever piece of tufted furniture of your dreams. And NO sewing needles or threads or even peg boards required. So please, don't be intimidated by this. You Got This!
Don't want to read the step by step tutorial? That's ok. There's a video . showcasing everything I did.
how to make a tufted anything without sewing
Yep no sewing products required. It can't get any easier than this.
Oh and did I mention that this tufting hack is budget friendly?! This process cost me under $30. I will show you how I used items you can find at Walmart to create the look.
One tool that I used a lot during this process is the staple gun. It came in very handy attaching everything.
As you move through the bench, starting from the center, you will start to see the diamond shape come together
I absolutely love how this turned out. It's like something I bought in the store, except I made it.  And you can do this too.
This diamond tufting process can be used on really anything. Interested in how I built this bench? Link here
ToolBox Divas

• Wink Harner

Not all of the supplies are listed on this page. Nor is it clear where to find the rest of the needed supplies or the rest of the instructions. Is there a link to more information? I see covered buttons on the tufts in the picture. These aren't mentioned anywhere. How do you make those or where do you buy them?

• Lov30865216

Wink. Wink. The video is awesome and will answer ALL your questions! Best tutorial I have seen on tufting.

• Pam Ford

How was the tufting done?

• Julie

How do you make sure the nails don’t just pop back up? I wonder if a screw woduld hold better...but that might twist the favor.

I love this look...and you are a great instructor!! Thanks

• Deb9437853

I love it! You did a great job and a great video!

• Lov30865216

Wowser, you are really getting good with these tutorials. The very best I have seen. I didn't know Walmart sold that foam stuff! People have always talked about covering the buttons but I have never seen it done. Thank you so much! I might actually try this but will probably use screws, better for me than trying to nail. Keep up the good work! Really like that extra trim you glued on too.

Well done!