Edzon Plascencia
Edzon Plascencia
  • Wildomar, CA

Balcony Bar Top

$250
Advanced

While we were living in our apartment, we decided to add a bar top to our balcony railing. This way we could save space and have somewhere to sit when we wanted to BBQ and eat outside! It came out better than expected ! Here's how I made it-

balcony bar top

First I started with wood I found on the side of our house- free materials! I then screwed the pieces together to form a counter with a lip.

balcony bar top

Next, I sanded the whole thing down.

balcony bar top

Then I stained it. I went with a light color to keep a more natural look. You can choose whatever fits your style.

balcony bar top

Finally I added the clear coat top coat. I went with an outdoor polyurethane because I wanted it to last since it was going to be outside. Now it looks great and is weather proof!

balcony bar top

I then handmade the brackets to hook the bar onto the railing. It can also easily be removed if need be.

balcony bar top

And that was it! Perfect fit! We set up some bar stools and our space is ready for outdoor fun.

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/BalconyBarTops/listing/476082343/balcony-bar-tops?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=social_organic&utm_source=MSMT&utm_term=so.smt&share_time=1527624353000

• Melissa Oregan

Hey! I have a question about how you made your brackets. did you weld them together or... can you give more detail? Or can I pay you to do another one for me? :D

• Lana

Explain how you do the hook type to support your diy project

• Denise D.

Nice project. I will do this one. Couldn't you just buy brackets at Home Depot or Lowe's and screw them on?