Balcony Bar Top

$250
Advanced

While we were living in our apartment, we decided to add a bar top to our balcony railing. This way we could save space and have somewhere to sit when we wanted to BBQ and eat outside! It came out better than expected ! Here's how I made it-

First I started with wood I found on the side of our house- free materials! I then screwed the pieces together to form a counter with a lip.

Next, I sanded the whole thing down.

Then I stained it. I went with a light color to keep a more natural look. You can choose whatever fits your style.

Finally I added the clear coat top coat. I went with an outdoor polyurethane because I wanted it to last since it was going to be outside. Now it looks great and is weather proof!

I then handmade the brackets to hook the bar onto the railing. It can also easily be removed if need be.

And that was it! Perfect fit! We set up some bar stools and our space is ready for outdoor fun.

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/BalconyBarTops/listing/476082343/balcony-bar-tops?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=social_organic&utm_source=MSMT&utm_term=so.smt&share_time=1527624353000

• Wanda Cox Roberts

Very nice!

• Sandra

You did a great job! I love!

Unfortunately i no longer have a balcony cuz of renovations and yhey decided to remove them, 😢