DesertRose
DesertRose
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Phoenix, AZ

Planters for the Patio Table and Yard

$15

We enjoy our patio and deck area in the evenings with the cooler temperatures and dry breezes. It is difficult to grow gardens where water is so precious so I made some homey planter decorations for our patio. It gives it color and a cozy homey feeling as we relax after work is done. We also have a few planters down off our deck we can see while sitting at the table. Here are a few combinations of real
planters for the patio table
I love the old wheel barrow. My husband drilled holes in the bottom and filled it with potting soil. The petunias have filled it this summer.
planters for the patio table
Another favorite is our coal bucket. Notice we put mulch in all our containers to help hold the moisture in our dry climate.
planters for the patio table
One faux planter is pebbles in the faux prickly pear cactus containers. Although they are not real, people are surprised to learn they are stone and not real cacti.
planters for the patio table
I bought a drink caddy a while back and never used it. I decided it would work better as a condiment caddy, but that too was not used. Today it became a planter. I love the metal and glass combination with the wood handle on it.
planters for the patio table
I filled the jars nearly full with pink sand, added colorful pebbles and faux succulents.
planters for the patio table
I removed the lids from the condiment containers to make my last planter, a wagon box. You can see I used paint on a sponge to make the wagon look old and used. I glued the "wheels" on and painted them also. Gorilla glue is great for this if you have time to wait for it to set real well. The incense burner boards I just happened to see in the crafts and thought they would make a nice handle. I painted a craft stick also, and strapped it on with some boot leather.
planters for the patio table
After I painted the lids for wagon wheels, I glued some rawhide pieces on them to give the impression of spokes.
planters for the patio table
I roughly painted the planter box with brown over gray to give the wagon a used appearance.
planters for the patio table
Here is the wagon finished, and one more planter we love is our whiskey barrel.
planters for the patio table
I do not know what we would do without planters in our dry climate. We love the sunshine, but plants do need moisture often in the heat. You cannot see the barrel, but believe me it us under all that beautiful growth!

Here the new ones today are on the patio table. I love the wagon best of all.
planters for the patio table
Love my patio table decor, especially the mason jars and wagon.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 01, 2018 10:28 PM - More info