DIY Farmhouse Style Barn Door Headboard

$250

I have a slight obsession with beautiful doors. So I've wanted to make a repurposed, door headboard forever! I finally did it. I knew what I wanted it to look like and was determined to make it! I used 2 vintage doors, scrubbed the heck out of them, then sanded them a bit. First I added paint to the cracks and corners. I then added a weathered wood chalk paint. I still wanted a chippy look so I poured paint on a scraper and layered a soft cream and white, made the raised stencils and used decor stamps. For the door knobs I added patina paint to age them.
Fabrication~ I took the 2 doors and connected them, used 4x4's and caps to create the posts, 2 corbels and a shelf to finish the look. It was a ton of work but FINALLY have my one of a kind "dream" headboard.
Gross! But was going to be perfect!
I used 2 vintage doors, scrubbed the heck out of them, then sanded them a bit.
Some of the Materials
First I added paint to the cracks and corners. I then added a weathered wood chalk paint. I still wanted a chippy look so I poured paint on a scraper and layered a soft cream and white.
For the door knobs I added patina paint to age them.
Raised stencils & stamps
I made the raised stencils and used decor stamps.
We used 6 inch screws to get it all together. Added the molding and shelf and voila! My very own farmhouse, shabby chic doors headboard.
And she's done!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1691251540992964&id=935029053281887

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?

• Lisa Hancock
    Lisa Hancock

Awesome job! Love this project!

• Donna Hancock
    Donna Hancock

How wide are the doors? Is this bed a full size

• Sylvia
    Sylvia

Omg I’m in love 😍!!! Did the door knobs come with the doors or bought separately? How’d you do the raised stamps? This is beautiful too btw!!