DIY Farmhouse Style Barn Door Headboard

$250

I have a slight obsession with beautiful doors. So I've wanted to make a repurposed, door headboard forever! I finally did it. I knew what I wanted it to look like and was determined to make it! I used 2 vintage doors, scrubbed the heck out of them, then sanded them a bit. First I added paint to the cracks and corners. I then added a weathered wood chalk paint. I still wanted a chippy look so I poured paint on a scraper and layered a soft cream and white, made the raised stencils and used decor stamps. For the door knobs I added patina paint to age them.
Fabrication~ I took the 2 doors and connected them, used 4x4's and caps to create the posts, 2 corbels and a shelf to finish the look. It was a ton of work but FINALLY have my one of a kind "dream" headboard.
Gross! But was going to be perfect!
I used 2 vintage doors, scrubbed the heck out of them, then sanded them a bit.
Some of the Materials
First I added paint to the cracks and corners. I then added a weathered wood chalk paint. I still wanted a chippy look so I poured paint on a scraper and layered a soft cream and white.
For the door knobs I added patina paint to age them.
Raised stencils & stamps
I made the raised stencils and used decor stamps.
We used 6 inch screws to get it all together. Added the molding and shelf and voila! My very own farmhouse, shabby chic doors headboard.
And she's done!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1691251540992964&id=935029053281887

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers