How to rid of mice?

+4

how to get rid of mice

• Gk Gk on Aug 20, 2018

Ooooh I hate mice in the house! Other than getting a cat--use some mouse traps with peanut butter. Make sure you place the traps against the wall where you see mouse droppings as they like to walk along the wall. I have used sticky traps but I don't like those...it's bad enough to find a dead mouse in a trap but then to find a live mouse on a sticky trap is too much. Here's some info for you" https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/a35872/how-to-get-rid-of-mice

• Barb Barb on Aug 21, 2018

Gk gave good advice. I'm gonna check out Pam's link too. The only way I've been able to keep the pesty varmits at bay is with a kitty cat. My kitty died several weeks ago. As soon as I complete some much needed home repair (including blocking off mouse entrances) I'm gonna get another mouser.

A nice Rat Snake would be helpful too and no litter box and only periodical shedding. Plus the shedding is in one solid piece! 🐀🐈🐍

• Barb Barb on Aug 21, 2018

One more thing about mouse traps is that I'm terrified of the old time wooden ones. Invariably, as I'm setting them, the metal stick thing slips out of the doo-hickie which holds it and the trap snaps. Rather my fingers are caught or not, I yell bloody hell, jump straight up ten feet off the ground and my heart rate quadruples!

Snakes don't scare me yet old-timey mouse traps terrify me. But the new fangled black plastic ones are so easy to bait and set and fingers are never in danger, unless you deliberately stick them in the bait while trap is set! I buy them at Rural King. I've seen them on Amazon too.

Just don't let your Rat Snake get around them. Bad outcome.

• Inez brodziak Inez brodziak on Aug 21, 2018

A few years ago I had parked my car for the winter. In the spring I notice droppings in the car. My sister told me to grate Irish spring soap but has to be original and put in jar lids throughout the car. I did this and within a few days there were gone. But it must be the original Irish Spring

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Aug 21, 2018

I sure hope you can get rid of those pesky things.

My mother-in-law bought one of those plug in things that give off sonic noise, something like that. She said it got rid of her mice. Maybe another idea for you.