Red, White and Blue Straw Hats

Not just for wearing, i painted up some stars and stripes straw hats to get my patriotic decorating on this year.
Patriotic diy painted stars and stripes straw hats might look cute hanging in the garden.
I liked the idea of hanging them along a fence.
Dollar store straw hats, red, white and blue spray paint, masking tape and star shaped foam stickers was pretty much all it took.
I painted hats white and then masked off a section with tape and newspaper. Next I stuck a bunch of star shaped foam stickers on the remaining section.
I gave the hat a few coats of the blue spray paint, and then removed the stars, newspaper and tape. Let hat dry for 1 hour.
Next I taped and covered the blue portion and then created "stripes" with the masking tape on the remaining section of the hat.
I gave that section a few coats of the red spray paint and then quickly removed the masking tape and newspaper to reveal stars and stripes patriotic straw hats.
Whether being used for decoration or worn to the 4th of July parade, these hats are fun to have around when the fireworks start going off.
You can find the detailed tutorial and photos in the blog post link below.

Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Tressie

I bought a hat & 2 scarves from Dollar Tree & hung them on my front door for the summer but now I can do this instead. I can see using crosses or eggs for Easter, hearts for Valentine's, shamrocks for St Patrick's & all sorts of other things. Was going to make a Rag wreath but this may be cheaper than that. I love to decorate for holidays but can't do much because of health so this works out wonderful!!!! Thanks for the idea!!!!

• Susete Costa Callahan

Have to make one for my front door, beautiful and different then others on the block :)