Spray Painted Candles & Candlesticks

$7

Welcome! I wanted to show you another makeover today. And of course it involves spray paint :)
My mom has been wanting to do some updates in her decor for a while but her budget is just around ZERO DOLLARS and ZERO CENTS. So of course she called on me to help her out. Boy, this is gonna be a tough one!
I figured the best place to start was (obviously) with spray paint and some accessories she already had. If you have been around here for a while, you know that I am big on updating what you have around the house with spray paint. You can go here to see some of the spray paint transformations I've made :)
I immediately knew I was going to change these candles and candlesticks first.
I used these 2 colors of spray paint from my stash. The candlesticks got Lagoon in a satin finish and the candles are finished in aluminum.
I started with the candles. They each got 2 coats.
That one candle...yea...stuck onto the the holder. Like, "couldn't pry if off with a crowbar" stuck! But I didn't let that stop me. I just taped it off before I sprayed the candlestick.
I propped the candlesticks up to that I could get to the bottom without having to wait for them to dry and flip them over. You can see how the glossy finish looked more like a matte when it dried.
I did 3 light coats, brought them inside and let them cure for 2 days before attempting to move them. This is especially important when spray painting ceramic.
I decided to add a clear gloss coat (also Rutoleum) to the candlesticks and I think they turned out beautifully!
Clearly, I wouldn't suggest burning the candles once they have been spray painted ;)
Also, they are very susceptible to knicks and scratches which will reveal the color underneath. But my mom doesn't have any little kids running around her place and they aren't in an area where they will moved around at all so they'll do just fine for her.
So what do you think? Do you like the new color of the candlesticks? Have you ever spray painted any? Would you have thought to spray paint a candle? :)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Erica Martin

• Matty watts

Great job ... Lovin'em

• Elizabeth

love the colour (my favourite), you've inspired me. :) I have SO many bland 'things' which could so use a makeover --and I'm really glad to see the 'matte' step and how you solved it with Rustoleum gloss coat. The finished result looks perfect!