Cute Little Side Table With Decoupage Napkins.

$20

I saw this cute little table at my favorite place , You all know by now Goodwill
$6.99 . It had this real cool detail below the drawers but it had a lot of buckled and peeling veneer. Wasn't sure about working with it. Well I went to bed bath and beyond to look for bedding and I walked past the hand napkins and I spotted the design . They were on clearance for $3.99 . No brainer then I rushed back to Goodwill keeping my fingers crossed that the table would still be there.
Score . Now home to put it all together.
This is how I found this little cutey
This is a close up of the wood detail that caught my eye.
I peeled the veneer off and put 2 coats of my homemade chalk paint.. I saved the veneer for another project if I need it.
Here is a picture of the napkins I found at the other store. I decoupaged them on with Mod podge and then another couple coats of water based Helmsman varnish gloss.
I used some of my acrylic paint to accent the design and it's hard to see but I burnished with a little bit of gold paint.
This is the top . Put extra coats so it would hold up for use. If I was going to keep it I would put a glass top on it. I do that on all my antiques I keep.
And here it is already for a new home.

• PamPam

I think the table is very cute. However, I am confused about the use of chalk paint: where did you use that, I don't see it? Helmsman varnish: what is this and were is this used?

• Mary McDonald

You said you used gold? I see some real standout green. Are my eyes tricking me? :)

• Maridiaz1970

You did a great job! The handles alone are worth more than $6.00. Love this piece.

• Cecile Pearsall

How to make my own chalk paint please and thank you.