Amy
Amy
  • Hampton, VA

Green House

Found old windows that someone was throwing out. So I decided to grab them for a recycled project.
green house, diy, gardening, how to, woodworking projects, LL Furniture
LL Furniture
My husband stared to figure out the measurements, and a good location in out backyard.
green house, diy, gardening, how to, woodworking projects, LL Furniutre
LL Furniutre
He gave it a rough draft to make sure the right windows will fit in the right places.
LL Furniture
There is my husband getting the base of the Greenhouse so it will be even all around the perimeter. My dog wanted to help. :)
LL Furniture
Now he is ready for the framing. He has been working very hard while I take pictures. :)
LL Furniture
My carpenter is almost done. Just a few more window to insert.
LL Furniutre
The Green house is done being built. Now my turn to clean, paint, and scrap the windows clean.
green house, diy, gardening, how to, woodworking projects, LL Furniuture
LL Furniuture
Now it is completed. I found some white shutters on the side of the road to give this Green house extra character.
green house, diy, gardening, how to, woodworking projects
I added a little pathway to the entrance to the door. The rocks I found on the beach to define the pathway. I stenciled a green vintage look to the top rim above the door and shutters. I love how this turned out. My plants are doing well as long as I remember to water them. :

• Jeannie

This is a great use of old windows. If you have answered this question previously, I apologize . What did you use for the roof?

• Jerrie C

what did you use for your roof. we made a green house out of old windows as well, but we still have to put a roof on. we get snow in the winter, but i want a transparent roof.

• Lillie Davis

LOVE THIS SO VERY MUCH. I HOPE I CAN TALK MY HUSBAND INTO HELPING ME, STEAL YOUR IDEA. THANKS. AWESOME JOB TO THE BOTH OF YOU.

• Imt7313135

I've been looking through this post for a link in case I missed something. I have the same question as others above have asked: What did you use for the roof? Did you build this near your garden hose spigot? It's just wonderful and you two should be so proud!