Hand Painted Thanksgiving Banner

$0

Do you ever feel like Thanksgiving gets short shrift when it comes to holiday decorating? Some how as soon as the Halloween decorations come down, the Christmas decorations go straight up. Well, this year, even if it is just for a week or two I have a small tribute exclusively for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

It is not a loud display of lights and colors as will soon be the case with the Christmas decorations. It is merely a sincere acknowledgment of what this holiday represents, a time to be with family and friends and to be grateful for all that we have.

hand painted thanksgiving banner

The project started with an old bed sheet that was only suitable for crafting since the dogs had chewed the corner off. :-)

hand painted thanksgiving banner

I used this design and enlarged it to the size I wanted.

hand painted thanksgiving banner

To transfer the design to the sheet I used a light table and traced out the design and then I used some house paint and craft paint to finish the front and the back of the banner.

hand painted thanksgiving banner

Here is a shot of the finished project in my front window.

hand painted thanksgiving banner

I don't think the cat appreciates my work since it is blocking her view.

Thanks for taking a look at my project. I hope you enjoy recycling and upcycling as much as I do. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews you can subscribe to my   Youtube Channel here or the   Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling!

Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab