Lanterns That Will Knock Your Socks Off!

$40

Or your stockings  ! Either way, you will love this tutorial! I made these to add to my Christmas decor. Take a look at how I did it!

I started by looking for large spindles, I knew I wanted to use that for my stand, and lo and behold I found these on offer up! I was excited I and knew I could whip up a few sets for the holidays.

Next, I went hunting for the right lanterns. I found these which are LED and were being sold at a local store here in town. They were under $20- what a steal! Then I got real excited, this is gonna be awesome!

When I flipped it over and discovered the battery pack, I got a bit worried. I needed to figure out how to build a stand for them, but not block the battery pack. Hmm, what to do! I came up with a plan, take a look!

This what I used spindle, 2 wood squares, one larger wood square, 1x1wood nails and paint!

I started by measuring the base of my lantern and built a box to hold it, I cut a square that will be used as the base then I cut my 1x1 wood and trimmed the edges all the way around it!

I built this small box as a space to place the lantern, but still be able to remove it to change the batteries- problem solved!

For the bottom I used another square same size at the top base and a larger square I made that 10x10 so that the lantern would have a good base so not to tip!

I then screwed in the top box with a 3 " screw and screwed the bottom bases and painted black and added a bow.

And that's it! You can use this for any lantern you find. Finding the different lanterns is the most fun!

The sled is another post I recently did, check it out!

Here are a few others and I did make the base a little smaller 8x8" I

added bow and bells you can really do so many things and can use year round by changing the embellishments.

I even tried some in white so the possibilities are really endless. Have fun with them!

I even tried solar and added a hook to make a wreath holder.. I hope you enjoyed this post and hope you try one- they look great inside by the staircase! (and just as great outside on the porch.) Follow me for more great crafts. Hometalk empowering women to do it yourself! DIY :)

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage