Burlap Coffee Sack Curtains

My kitchen has 7 full windows and in the direction our house sits... That means full afternoon Texas sun. I needed something to diffuse a little of the light but not all of it and had these burlap coffee sacks sitting waiting for a place to call home!!
Took an old broken footboard and gave it a new purpose!! Painted it out in APC Coral Reef, accented in Dollar Bill and stenciled with Home Plate. Attached Ribbon on the back with a screw to hold it in place so I could leave the sides to cover entire window area without interfering with crown molding on cabinets.
Hung the burlap coffee sacks with a tension rod. Just snip small hole in the bottom and push through the end.
Used the old footboard as a cute new valance. Pop of color and whimsy!!
You can see more on the blog!!

Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized

To see more: http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/?p=3317

• Allison
    Allison

How creative! Love it!

• Leslie Francisco
    Leslie Francisco

My house gets both morning & setting sun. In order to stop the sun from fading everything I had my windows tinted with the same material used for tinting car windows. There are many colors to choose from & they let in the light , prevent sun damage. My family room has 17 6 ft high windows & 2 skylights (it's really a fish bowl) but the tints help with the privacy issue too.