Vintage Vanity Makeover

$40

I came across an old vanity and updated it with white chalk paint and gold gilding wax. It turned out beautifully, and is now suited for a princess.

I found this great old vanity at a local thrift store. i tool it home and got to work!

The first thing I did was, I took the mirror off the back and removed all of the hardware off the drawers.

It had a beautiful shape, but I wanted to give it an ultra feminine look.

Once it was ready to be painted, I applied a coat of Annie Sloan old white chalk paint to each of the pieces of the vanity.

I applied two coats of clear wax to protect the paint and buffed it with a lint free towel. I was looking for the details to pop so I used a small brush to apply gold gilding wax where I wanted it.

I changed the hardware out for some glittery glass knobs for a feminine look. I am loving the small details!

And that's a wrap! Any girl would love her now!

• Maureen Barringer

WOW !!!!!!!! I DID THAT IN BLACK & GOLD 55 YRS AGO TO MY MOMS OLD BUREAU ( MY FIRST MAKE UP TABLE ) IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE IT ????

I GREW UP IN MY TEENS & MY YOUNGER SISTER GOT IT IN HER YRS OF TEENAGE HOOD -I LOVE IT IN WHITE ALSO BEAUTIFUL JOB

• Karen

Very nice! I have a piece that I want to paint. Did you prep the wood first before painting, or did you dive right in with the chalk paint?

• Nancy Peterson

Love it. I have a desk and dresser similar that needs a doing over.. I have never done anything that big. What is chalk paint? Hope I don’t screw it up, but it looks like fun. I start with one drawer.

nancy

• It’s a thicker then your used to paint, if you find it to thick add a bit of water to your brush, it’s very versatile and can cover anything. Give it a try 😍

• Diana west

n ice! i would have refinished it to it's natural beauty of the wood, but different strokes for different folks

• Frances Blunt

I LOVE IT!!!!!! Here is my first large piece.....I really like the style of this one and yours.