Vintage Vanity Makeover

$40

I came across an old vanity and updated it with white chalk paint and gold gilding wax. It turned out beautifully, and is now suited for a princess.

I found this great old vanity at a local thrift store. i tool it home and got to work!

The first thing I did was, I took the mirror off the back and removed all of the hardware off the drawers.

It had a beautiful shape, but I wanted to give it an ultra feminine look.

Once it was ready to be painted, I applied a coat of Annie Sloan old white chalk paint to each of the pieces of the vanity.

I applied two coats of clear wax to protect the paint and buffed it with a lint free towel. I was looking for the details to pop so I used a small brush to apply gold gilding wax where I wanted it.

I changed the hardware out for some glittery glass knobs for a feminine look. I am loving the small details!

And that's a wrap! Any girl would love her now!

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas

• Maureen Barringer

WOW !!!!!!!! I DID THAT IN BLACK & GOLD 55 YRS AGO TO MY MOMS OLD BUREAU ( MY FIRST MAKE UP TABLE ) IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE IT ????

I GREW UP IN MY TEENS & MY YOUNGER SISTER GOT IT IN HER YRS OF TEENAGE HOOD -I LOVE IT IN WHITE ALSO BEAUTIFUL JOB

• Karen

Very nice! I have a piece that I want to paint. Did you prep the wood first before painting, or did you dive right in with the chalk paint?

• Nancy Peterson

Love it. I have a desk and dresser similar that needs a doing over.. I have never done anything that big. What is chalk paint? Hope I don’t screw it up, but it looks like fun. I start with one drawer.

nancy

• It’s a thicker then your used to paint, if you find it to thick add a bit of water to your brush, it’s very versatile and can cover anything. Give it a try 😍

• Diana west

n ice! i would have refinished it to it's natural beauty of the wood, but different strokes for different folks

• Frances Blunt

I LOVE IT!!!!!! Here is my first large piece.....I really like the style of this one and yours.