Eileen
Eileen
  • Harrisburg, PA

How to Build Geometric DIY Planter Boxes

$10

Thinking about your summer garden? Make these easy geometric DIY planters boxes with this simple tutorial. One is hexagonal and the other is triangular. They can be used indoors or outdoors or both :)

how to build geometric diy planter boxes

To make the hexagon planter, we needed 6 identical wooden segments to make the six sides of the hexagon. Once you've cut your segments, we beveled the edges at 30 degree angle so they would fit together. We used our table saw to bevel the edges.

Then, we needed to connect them together with wood glue and finishing nails. We used a clamp to hold the segments in place and applied the glue.

Press the next piece of wood to seal and then we used two finishing nails to hold the pieces together while the glue dries.

Keep connecting the segments and see the planter start to take shape.

Trace the outline of the hexagon on a piece of plywood. Cut it out using a clamp and a jigsaw.

Use glue and finishing nails to attach, just as you did before.

For more details, including how to make the triangular version, check out

https://www.justmeasuringup.com/hexagon-planter/

Eileen

• Sunny

I love these, but don't have a table saw. Any other suggestions on how to cut the wood? Thanks!

• Sunny

Thanks for the idea. I really like the different shapes, but square and rectangle would be cute, too. 😁

Nice share. Same as making hexagon shelf cubbys.

• Carole White

Very cute...I'll definitely add this project to my to-do list! Thanks for sharing