Shelly @ Dolen Diaries
Shelly @ Dolen Diaries
  • North Bend, WA

DIY Outdoor Marquee Light

$35.00

We love our backyard! The evergreens WA is known for make for a beautiful view. As lovely, as the trees are I felt like my view needed a little bling! This DIY Outdoor Marquee Light adds a little something to my backyard day & night!
diy outdoor marquee light decor, diy, electrical, outdoor living, woodworking projects
My husband and I made this one evening during one of our garage date nights. {It's hard to get out for a date night with three kiddos!} It really was the perfect quick & easy date night project!
We started with a scrap piece of 1/2" pressure treated plywood & played around with a D design. *A little tip: Do you have some new construction in your area? They throw away tons of scraps of this stuff! Ask to "dumpster dive" and they may even help you load it into your car!
We drilled some holes for the lights and layered a couple of paint colors under the gold topcoat. After a light sanding to give it a little more character, we popped the string globe lights.
We hung this on our back fence so I could enjoy it out the kitchen window and by the fire pit on warm evenings. Wouldn't you love to gaze at this outside of your window!?!

Shelly @ Dolen Diaries