A DIY Organic Garden Insect Spray That Works!

$3

I have had problems in my backyard herb garden for a couple of years with some type of insect that devoured basil and marigolds (often the least-touched plants). I had tried a couple other organic pest deterrents with limited success. But this year the bugs were particularly bad and made their way across the path to eat all the growing tips of a trumpet vine.

If I was going to get enough basil for our year's worth of pesto and a bloom on the trumpet vine, I needed to take action.

Note: the recipe is located on my blog- https://anoregoncottage.com/homemade-garlic-mint-garden-insect-spray-really-works/

Also: Reader testimonials & FAQ: https://anoregoncottage.com/diy-garlic-mint-garden-insect-spray-testimonials-faqs

One of the things I had tried briefly last year that seemed to work was a homemade garden insect spray made with garlic and mint, a bit of cayenne and soap. So I decided this year to write down a "recipe" and record the before-and-after pictures to share the results. And I'm glad I did - I was blown away by the success of this easy, natural pest deterrent!

This shows how bad the basil had been attacked by the mystery bug (some have suggested earwigs, but I've never seen them), 2 weeks after spraying and then 4 weeks later. Can you believe it?

This is a super healthy basil plant now - even more healthy than my main garden basil that wasn't ever attacked. Seriously amazing.

Here's another before and after for you: the bugs attacked most of the tender new growth of my trumpet vine.

After only 2 sprayings (and a bout of rain after the 1st), the trumpet vine is loaded with new growth and I'm having to prune it back (if you know anything about trumpet vines, you'll know it's back to normal now, ha!).

***NOTE: PLEASE CLICK TO MY BLOG for the spray recipe AT THE LINK BELOW - I'm so happy to be able to share this with other gardeners!

AND check out the FAQ for all your questions answered: https://anoregoncottage.com/diy-garlic-mint-garden-insect-spray-testimonials-faqs

• Mint
  • Garlic

3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Jami @ An Oregon Cottage

• Magi
    Magi

What about indoor plants? Does it work for them. I had a jade plant fir 2 yrs. Something ate it up. So hurt. I tried so hard to grow this plant. What di you think happen?

• Vickie McCorkle Burnham
    Vickie McCorkle Burnham

Do you think I could could substitute mint essential oil for the fresh mint?

• Catherine
    Catherine

I do not see a link to click on??

where is it?