Spray Paint Makeover for Your KitchenAid Mixer

$10
1 Day

I wanted a fun colored mixer but couldn't justify the purchase when mine still worked great. So what's a DIY girl to do? Spray paint it, of course!
Happy happy, joy joy!
Scroll down to see how far we've come!
Here's the before with a sad attempt at embellishment, with some vinyl cut outs.
Make sure you scrub it clean. Get off all the sticky stuff. Sand lightly. Tape off all the parts you don't want paint on, including the motor area.
Use a coat of good primer. I think I used Rustoleum. Then you're ready to make it any color you want! Here is my mixer after the coat of black. Before the stickers (used as stencils) went on and the final coat of red was applied.
Match your kitchen or go totally bold! It's fun just to see it sitting on the counter!
I did this 2 years ago, and it still looks great! And, YES, it gets used often. :)

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Kelly @ The Moon And Me

• Leslie Try
    Leslie Try

No....but I love what she did.

• Yvonne Fleshman Tx  Mom
    Yvonne Fleshman Tx Mom

I had my mixer for over 20 yrs I has seen use in 4 countries as the army moved us a year ago I gave it to my daughter when she bought her home . I am going to plan to do this when I next visit her her appliances are all red so I will spray the mixer thank you so much for the Idea keep them coming !