Uses for a Spare Pillow Case

$5

When we first moved into out home we bought our daughter a vanity table. It came with a cushioned stool.

Original stool
Original stool

Over the last 15 months the fabric hasn't worn well. It's fraying and puckered. So the idea to upholster it was pretty easy to come up with.

I had been looking at different fabrics but nothing seemed right for her room.

Then a few weeks back I bought a bed set off of Amazon. The single bedding set came with 2 pillow cases, but I only needed one.

I decided to use the spare one to match the stool to the bedding.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I unscrewed the cushion from the base. Lined up the pillow case and trimmed it to size.

I dont own a staple gun so I used no more nails which was laying around the house.

uses for a spare pillow case

Pulling the fabric tight I glued it down. Twisting and tucking the corners in.

uses for a spare pillow case

Then I screwed the top back onto the base.

It really was that easy.

Was done in about 5 minutes.

My daughter is so happy with the result. It looks great with her matching bed cover.

• Heidid64

I never thought to use a pillow case! This opens a whole new world of possibilities!!!! I could use the pillow shams that come with the sets, I never use them on the bed. Thanks for the idea!!!

An hour ago

This is so creative and vision. No need to buy fabric. Very cool.