An Easy to Build Outdoor Table With a Concrete Top

$50

This easy to build table, finished with exterior paint or stain, is fitted with a concrete top and is perfect for a deck, patio or porch! The table frame itself is an easy build, and this table can be completed in a weekend!

The frame is built using 2x2s with 1" dowels as stretchers to keep the legs from splaying out because of the weight of the top.

I used an opaque exterior stain to completely cover the frame and keep it from falling apart outdoors. Exterior paint as well as wood stain with spar urethane can be used to finish the frame.

I cut four 1x2s (and drilled a pilot hole in each end of two of the boards) then assembled the mold using 2-1/2" screws with no glue.

I mixed a bag of concrete for the top, then removed the mold once the top was set. I also used a large stencil with exterior paint to add an accent to the table top!

I love this table and after a few years of being outdoors, this table has held up very, very well! I'm looking forward to building other pieces such as a coffee table and another end table to make a matching set!

Cher @ Designs By Studio C

• Chandra Denise DeVaul

Silly question: What material is underneath the cement mold? I obviously don't want it to stick to anything, so what did YOU use?

• Lisa West

I like it. Did you seal the concrete? I know some people do and some dont depending on the concrete. It's very bright. Cant wait to see the rest of the set when your done. I wonder if you could make a sturdy couch and chairs out side to. And just add cushions. I bet that will hold up wonderfully.

• Bernadine

How to refurbish an old rocking chair??

• Cher @ Designs By Studio C

That is going to depend on the desired finished result... Do you want to strip the finish and stain the wood, or give it a decorative coat of paint? There are so many possibilities!