Boho Asymmetrical Wreath

$30

I’ve become a big fan of making my own wreaths lately. Store bought wreaths are so expensive, and I’ve found I can make something I really love for a fraction of the cost.

boho asymmetrical wreath

I started this project by wrapping my macrame hoop with white macrame rope, hot gluing it in place as I went.

boho asymmetrical wreath

I found it easier to cut sections of the rope and wrap it rather than trying to keep the rope all in one piece.

boho asymmetrical wreath

This is my hoop after being fully wrapped.

If you like the gold (or silver) of your hoop, you are more than welcome to skip this step. The rope gave it more texture and the look I was going for.

boho asymmetrical wreath

Next, I picked out my greenery and started attaching it to the hoop using green floral wire.

Once I had it in the position I wanted, I also hot glued each piece into place to prevent them from slipping around the hoop.

boho asymmetrical wreath

My next step was to start placing my flowers.

I attached them in the same way as the greenery.

boho asymmetrical wreath

This is a view from behind so you can see where each piece is attached with floral wire.

boho asymmetrical wreath

For the big flower, I wrapped my floral wire around the base and then wrapped it around my hoop.

Once it was exactly where I wanted it, I hot glued it into place.

Larger flowers are pretty heavy, so I really recommend hot gluing it in place so it doesn’t fall forward.

boho asymmetrical wreath

After adding in a few white floral sprays, I decided to add a gold tipped feather to finish off the look I was going for.

This pretty little wreath is hung in my daughters room, and she absolutely loves it.

boho asymmetrical wreath

Here is a larger version I made for the living room, following all of the same steps.

boho asymmetrical wreath

• Jackiesbichon

Its too cute. Could you tell me where you got your brick backsplash? Iv'e been looking for some. Thanks

• Joanie

Has anyone ever tried taking puffy yarn to cover wire coat hangers? We made them in Bible school. They are good for the NO points on your blouses or sweaters. The kids loved makin' them.

• Karen
      30 minutes ago

I'm about to try crocheting around wire coat hangers for this purpose. My MIL used to cable knit around them with yarn scraps but that's beyond me. There's a You Tube video of doing the crochet with fancy yarn to cover the wires of ear buds... Same idea, using just the simple chain stitch.