Statement Panelling on a Wall Using Adhesive

$80
1 Day

We created an open plan kitchen and dining room area and still wanted to pull the two spaces together so I decided to make a statement wall which would match the kitchen island. The dining room wall is not huge and I wanted it to stand out a bit, panelling seemed like the best solution!

before photo of the blank wall. If you want so see how we created this space, see the kitchen renovation post.

Most importantly you have to get the measurements right. Our wall was 247cm high and 299cm wide so I decided to go with 5×4 number of squares. I went with strips that were 8cm wide. See the post for precise calculations.

We cut the mdf board in strips of the same size (8cm wide)

I created the frame on the wall and glue the top and outside panels using grab adhesive.

Once your framework is done, measure and glue the vertical strips.

Make sure all lines are level and square when adding the small strips

Fill any gaps and sand before priming and painting the wall. I used atape to have a nice neat line.

I used Farrow & Ball Modern Emulsion in Railings (I used a primer for the mdf board before using emulsion)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
From Evija with Love

• Patty
    Patty

Turned out really nice. Where did you get the head planter?

• From Evija with Love
      From Evija with Love

Thank you the head planter is from TK Maxx in the UK (I think it is called TJ max in the usa)

• Mary Mosti
    Mary Mosti

Could you do this with an angled ceiling?

• Vicki
    Vicki

The floor seems to have changed during the wall process. Did you install new wood, tile etc? Thanks

• Karolyn Slader
    Karolyn Slader

I am thinking of trying something in my bathroom by my shower. I have been thinking of using plastic looking tin and glueing it to the wall and painting it. I can cut it easier. I would have a hard time getting the wood perfect by the shower door because it isn’t a straight line. I hate how the walls start to get damaged easily in a lot of areas. I do not think my wood cutting skills are good enough to cut fake stuff at the hardware store and put on the bottom part of my walls.

• Peggy
    Peggy

My living room was already painted black and I decided to put the boards on. I did not use the boards because I thought my wall would be to busy.