Clean Your Toilet With Coke

$1

Learn how to clean a toilet with Coke. This cleaning hack with leave your commode sparkling clean. If you have rust stains or lime scale that just won’t come off the toilet bowl or tank, then run to the kitchen and grab a can of Coke for this cheap and easy cleaning solution.

clean your toilet with coke

Depending on how hard or soft your water is and what kind of minerals are in the water supply you may be more likely to have stubborn rust or limescale stains that are difficult to scrub off.

Soda works to clean your toilet because three ingredients, citric, carbonic and phosphoric acids.

clean your toilet with coke
  1. First, flush out most of the water from the toilet. Either turn the knob on the side of the tank to turn off water flow and then flush the toilet or fill a large bucket with water and dump it quickly into the toilet. This will force the toilet to empty.
  2. Next, open a can of coke and pour it into the bowl. Try to get it under the rim and focus on any stubborn stains.
clean your toilet with coke
  1. Then, wait for at least two hours for the Coke to work it’s magic.
  2. After the time is up flush the toilet and use a scrub brush on any remaining stains.
  3. Last, flush the toilet one last time to get rid of any remaining Coke in the bowl.
clean your toilet with coke

The toilet after

Check out the video for more instructions.

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• Lyn

I don’t have a question, but am I the only one that noticed this woman didn’t show us her “stubborn stains”?

• Barbara

I tried this! It actually worked GREAT for my stubborn stains! Couldn't believe it, had tried numerous things. Give it a try! Can't hurt!

• Val

This may sound stupid but how do you get the Coke up under the rim if you are pouring it in the toilet? That's where the rust stains are the worst.

• Val

I had to laugh at your reply but you may be right...lol

• Joycelyn

How to get rid of flies out your trash can

• Maria

Fill a cup with red wine and leave it in the bathroom (I use this one for fruit flies); other day vinegar and soap (I have never used this one).