Asked on Aug 19, 2019

Can you give me ideas for painting my front door (pic attached)?

CathyHolly Lengner - Lost MomAna Bacallao
+28

Would like some suggestions on paint colors for the front door of my 1940 tudor revival home. Am open to changing out the storm door as well. Thanks!

q how do i change the look of front door

Garden leading up to door has lots of red roses and yellow lilies.

• Cheryl A

you need a pop of color - here are some ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o3zS4QEIhI

• Pamela

What color is your house ?

• Rymea

The stone around the door doesn't go with anything else on the house so i think the door need to blend/harmonize with the stone.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would go teal. I think the storm door would be fine. Your flowers (and yard) are beautiful.

Hi Tia: Hmm, that stone work around the front door is a bit off putting. Maybe change the colour of that to match the bricks. And, maybe I'd paint the shutters white since the rest of the trim is white. What you can do, and what I have suggested to others, is to take a picture of the house, make several colour copies of your house and then colour in the areas you may want to change on the pictures until you get one you like. That way you don't have all of that painting and repainting to do. Give some of the copies to friends and get their take, you may be surprised:)

Good luck

• Emily

You have a beautiful house and garden. The door does need to stand out by using a different color and I would paint the storm door the same color. I love the stone work and would not change that.

• Tia

Thank you so much.I love the idea of painting the storm door same color as door...an just having a difficult time selecting a color.

• Lynn Sorrell

I think storm door & storm door frame and main door should be painted semi gloss Black,it will look good with existing pots/containers and roof and shutters then will also make all the colors of plants and flowers pop,leave stonework it will give Black entrance the pop it needs, it will blend it all together it won't seem so busy it will all be balanced. in winter months add a nice big evergreen wreath on door and some evergreen garland around the stonework edging to add some color til everything blooms again

• Jennifer Howard

Oh my gosh! Your home is adorable, just love it! I have to think about the paint color...

• Pamela

I would paint the door black...see how the white trim on the storm door do..does it make the door pop or look off, if it does paint the trim on the storm door black .. I think the black would be classic , but still stand out against the brick and will pop with the flowers and go with the shutters

• Deborah Tucker

This is what I would do. You may not want to do as much work though.

I would white wash the red brick. The bricks don't have to be white. All it would do is tone down the red color making it match the other stone around the door. I would then leave the door as is.

• Baxter

The new deep green paint colors that are muted would be beautiful on your door. The green would compliment the red color of your brick and extend the eye up from that gorgeous garden and lawn. The best thing about paint---you can always repaint the door if you are not happy with the color. Good luck!

• Ana Bacallao

I think your house is quite beautiful. I would paint the door and storm door a navy blue. Maybe include the shutters to be the same color.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I would paint the stone around the door white to match the rest of the trim. I would paint the door robins egg blue to add a bit of softness and the blue would look amazing with your flowers.

• Cathy

I wrote a reply in another post.

But also consider. I made the mistake of painting my front door black. If it get alot of sun. Don't do it. It will crack the door and it heats up.