Repurposing a Tin Can Into a Unique Handbag Planter

$5

Do you enjoy recycling and repurposing things? One of my favorite things to recycle are tin cans. There's just so much you can do with them. They can be turned into the cutest little washboard shelf or you can make a few of these tin can handbags and use them as unique planters.

You can style the handbags any way you want and if you've got a brown thumb you can always add some faux plants instead of the real thing  or use them to store bits and bobs in your bathroom.

To make the tin can handbag planters you’ll need:

• Clean empty tin can
  • Old belt or rope and fabric scraps
  • Rubber mallet
  • Drill and metal drill bits
  • Paint color of your choice

This planter is super easy to make. Use a can opener to remove the bottom off of your empty tin can and then smack the bottom flat with a rubber mallet.

Make two holes on either side of the un-flattened portion of the tin can. The holes need to be big enough to thread your belt or rope through.

Paint the tin can in a color of your choice. Or you can mod podge on some pretty fabric or serviettes. I painted ours white, and glued scraps of leather on to mimic the look of a boho styled handbag,

When your happy with the look, add the belt or piece of rope and some of your favorite plants and you're all done.

Not bad for 30 minutes worth of smacking, painting and gluing  We hung our tin can handbag planter on a old frame and added one of our wine glass coconut planters to complete the look.

I would love to know what you think of the idea. How would you dolly your tin can handbag up?

Michelle Leslie

• Terjemahan Lirik Lagu

Woow amazing

• Pdmullgirl

Oh I love it! I just dig it when someone (or myself) repurposes something and it turns out just so cool and so unique. You have something that is not like any one else’s!! I like that, a lot! I’m going to make one of my own. Thanks for such a cute and again unique idea. ❤️💜💚

• Michelle Leslie

You're most welcome and I'm so happy you enjoy repurposing things too. Have fun making yours