Repurposed Plaid Shirt Bench Makeover

$3

I've always wanted to have some plaid in my home's decor, so when I found a fabulous plaid flannel shirt at my local thrift store recently I had a project ready for it right away.

Here's the plaid shirt I found, and the seat from the bench that it's going to give a whole new look to.

Here's the sweet little $2 bench as I found it some time ago. I kept the thin white fabric seat covering on because it was in great shape.

I lay the seat upside down on the backside of the shirt and cut it out, leaving a good 3-4 inches all around.

Then I started stapling with my staple gun, starting in the middle on all four sides.

As I made my way stapling toward the corners, I hammered in the staples to make sure they were nice and snug.

Then I folded over and finished off the corners.

Once I was done stapling I cut away any excess fabric so the seat would sit nice and flat.

And here's my finished mad for plaid little bench with its new seat cover. It adds a touch of fun in my aqua and red kitchen.

For more pics and tips check out my Repurposed Plaid Shirt Bench Seat Makeover blog post here.

Color Me Thrifty

• Joanie

Beautiful idea and I love that plaid!!! I had an old plaid shirt of my Daddy's. I had lost my Mom and went home to take care of Daddy. He gave me an old flannel shirt, similar to this, to clean in. He gave it to me upon going home. I made him a a small tree for his table and took the shirt and made a tree skirt with it. Memories!! Good ones. ;))

• Lore

I really like your bench seat you redid love the flannel too