Look What I Made With These 36 Jenga Blocks

$12

Today there is a wide variety of ornaments to decorate the Christmas tree which are a beauty. We can find these ornaments from those that are excessively expensive, to those that we can sometimes get it for the low price of .50 cents. But for those of us who like crafts, there is nothing more pleasant than making ornaments for oneself. Last year I made some ornaments with some pieces of wood that were left over from another project, you can see them HERE. So in today's tutorial I will show you an idea to create ornaments for the Christmas tree using jenga blocks and best of all, you can make 36 ornaments and spend less than $12 dollars.

To make these ornaments I used the jenga blocks that I got at the Dollar Tree. These come like this, in natural color and also come in two shades, some natural and others dark brown. For this tutorial I decided to go with the natural color ones.

To color it, I used acrylic paint and applied only one coat of paint.

When the jenga blocks dried completely, with a dry brush I took white paint to apply to the edges creating an effect as if the wooden blocks were old and faded.

Then with rubber stamps I made the designs. For the black ones I used the white stamping ink and for those that are red I used the black ink.

An idea that you can make with these ornaments is, instead of using the rubber stamps with Christmas designs you can get some like the Wooden Rubber Number Alphabet Letter Stamps and name each of your family members.

Then with a buffalo check ribbon I made some small bows to decorate the top of the Christmas ornament.

With a dremmel rotary tool I made some small holes to then insert the jute cord and from there to hang them.

With the jute twine I simply cut some pieces of about 2 inches and 3/4 to create some loops and join them at their ends with hot glue. When the glue was almost dry I gave a little twist so that it would be thinner and it would make it easier for me to introduce them into the hole when Im going to glue them.

This is the result of this tutorial were these ornaments for the Christmas tree were made with small blocks of jenga. What do you think? I hope you liked it and encourage you to make your own and remember that they are reusable because for future Christmas you just have to repaint these jenga blocks you change the design and automatically you have new ornaments

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Linda
    5 hours ago

So cute! I have one of those games. I may actually try this myself and attach one to gifts. Thanks for the idea.

• C Crow
      Just now

Thinking of stamping gift recipients name on one side... These are so cute!

• Eva
    3 hours ago

This is a very cute project, I love it

Thank you for the idea.