DIY Feather Tree

$10

Create the look of a vintage feather tree with a small Christmas tree and a few basic supplies. You will make a mess, but the process is so much fun!

I started with an old Christmas tree that I not longer had the base for. I grabbed an old urn, some white paint, glass rocks, a sponge brush, and small ornaments that I bought at Target.

I began by updating the small urn and painting it white.

I then fanned out the tree limbs and began dry brushing the tree leaving some of the green showing but covering as much as possible. I wanted the finished look to be one of freshly fallen snow.

This is a ridiculously messy procedure so be sure you do it outside or in an area that is thoroughly covered.

Once the tree was dry I hot glued it into the urn.

I added some dollar store pebbles to the base of the urn after gluing in the tree to hold everything in place and add some weight to the urn so the finished tree doesn't topple over. I also added the glass like rocks on top of the pebbles to give a nice reflective glow.

And here is the finished tree! For more details and 10 more thrifty Christmas decor DIYs please stop by my blog, The How-To Home: https://thehowtohome.com/diy-feather-tree/

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Mary Beth @ The How to Home

• Linda

I have a small urn that will be perfect for making a tree for my at work space where I don't have a lot of room. Thanks for the thought!

• Jaynie

Hasn't anyone ever thought of wearing nitrile or latex gloves when painting? I do it all of the time.