DIY Feather Tree

$10

Create the look of a vintage feather tree with a small Christmas tree and a few basic supplies. You will make a mess, but the process is so much fun!

I started with an old Christmas tree that I not longer had the base for. I grabbed an old urn, some white paint, glass rocks, a sponge brush, and small ornaments that I bought at Target.

I began by updating the small urn and painting it white.

I then fanned out the tree limbs and began dry brushing the tree leaving some of the green showing but covering as much as possible. I wanted the finished look to be one of freshly fallen snow.

This is a ridiculously messy procedure so be sure you do it outside or in an area that is thoroughly covered.

Once the tree was dry I hot glued it into the urn.

I added some dollar store pebbles to the base of the urn after gluing in the tree to hold everything in place and add some weight to the urn so the finished tree doesn't topple over. I also added the glass like rocks on top of the pebbles to give a nice reflective glow.

And here is the finished tree! For more details and 10 more thrifty Christmas decor DIYs please stop by my blog, The How-To Home: https://thehowtohome.com/diy-feather-tree/

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Mary Beth @ The How to Home