DIY Wall Art

$30

So, I found this DIY wall art from a girl I follow on Instagram and fell in love with it! It’s not too difficult to make either if you have the right tools!

Tools you need:

1. Miter Saw
  2. Skill Saw or a Table Saw
  3. Clamps
  4. Nail Gun

Materials:

1. Seven Common Pine Boards that are 1x2’s
  2. A 2x4 underlayment

When you buy the pine boards and the underlayment be sure to buy ones that don’t have knots or are really discolored. You want them to be more plain looking to get the look we are going for!

First you cut the pieces where you want them. Each edge was cut at a 45 degree angle and some obviously was just a straight edge. Then we spaced out the pieces with remnants of wood that were a 1/2 inch. We glued the pieces down to the underlayment first and then used a nail gun to keep them secure. Make sure the nails are less than 1 and 1/4 inch so they don’t go through your board. Then you trim around the edge and then use more 1x2 to trim it out. Hopefully the pictures will help!

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home

• Carolina

Beautiful!! are you going to leave it as is or are you going to add stain colors? where are you going to hang it? would like a picture after you hang it.

It really turned out gorgeous. Modern and creative.

• Steffi Wood

I can’t decide if I want to stain it! Think I’m going to hang it in my living room! I’ll post a pic when I do!