DIY Cute Oven Potholders

$10

I love a gift that people can use, is cute and won't break the bank. These are perfect for giving to co-workers, neighbors or for bridal showers or house warming gifts.

They turned out so cute!

The potholders are from the Dollar Tree and they are really nice. These are the ones with the pocket on the front.

I was able to find them in select stores over the summer but now can only find them online. But, the good thing is that if you order online you don't have to order a gazillion. You only have to order 4. I was able to wait until they had a flat shipping special too but sometimes you can have them shipped directly to your local store and then pick them up.

I hope you like them!

First you need to download the designs. I have created some different sets that can be found in my resource library. They are free!

There are a lot of different designs on Etsy too. So you could hop over there and check out what they have. Either way, download the SVG files so you can cut them out on the Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine.

Cut them out of the iron on vinyl. I have a Cricut Easy Press but you can use an iron to adhere them as well.

Once they are cut and weeded, place a piece of cardboard into the pocket of the potholder.

Place a towel over the exposed cardboard piece to keep it from getting too hot.

Place the design onto the pocket and cover it with a teflon sheet.

Use the iron or the easy press and heat the design. If you are using the easy press set it at 315 degrees and heat for 30 seconds.

I had to repeat this on some of the potholders but for the most part it only took one time.

Let it cool before removing the backing.

To finish this gift place two potholders together and tie the loops together with bakers twine.

Add a sugar cookie mix, a brownie mix, a pizza crust mix or what ever you like along with a spatula, wooden spoon or pizza cutter.

The kitchen utensils can be found at the Dollar Tree too. They are so great and these just come out so cute.

If you like this post you will probably like all of the other posts on my blog. Sign up for the email/newsletter list and get access to my free designs in my resource library.

Thanks for reading!

Michelle

Michelle James

• Casey Hawley

What if I don't have a silhouette machine or a Cricket

• Kay Cloninger Kirby

Walmart or any craft store has transfer paper

You print your image (reverse image so it'll print with the letters going the right way) after printing iron on