Sofa Table Re Purposed to a TV Stand

$30
1 Day

since my eyes could no longer take it, I need a quick fix to replace a tv stand at my father's and came across this cheap sofa table and thought, why not?
It also had a clear glass insert that is not shown in the pic. I cleaned it with Windex to remove any residue and let it dry.
Once dry I gave it a quick sand to help the paint adhere.
I wiped down the stand with both a dry and wet cloth to make sure I got all the dust after sanding.
With leftover paint from painting my father's living room I put on the first coat. *I should mention, before painting the whole thing I just did a small area, let it dry, then did the scratch test. Once it stayed on, it was good to go*
I used my favorite type of brush, a Purdy 1.5" to put on the first coat.
While the first coat dried I sprayed the underside of the insert with Rustoleum Chalk paint spray paint. I've used it for many projects and it works great especially when I want a frosted glass effect.
Here's what the insert looked once dried.
I gave the stand one more coat, this time using a small fine roller for the top and bottom shelves.
Here's the finished project! Less then a day to do and not too shabby!
Finished and ready to replace the yucky TV stand you see with the tv currently on it :)
This project was very easy and quick to do for anyone I'm thinking?
Of course, we have to put the cost of everything but in reality it only cost for the stand, as I had the other materials already.
I really liked the Behr Marquee paint from Home Depot for the walls and then even this stand, it covers great!