Part of the candlestick and the wall. (Sorry, only pic I had.)
So... I moved into a new condo... It already had a shiplap wall that was distressed in a manner that I liked. However a candlestick that I had was almost identical to the wall. While I still wanted a distressed look on the candlestick... I wanted more of a differentiation between the wall and the decor.
I had a lot of (free!) paint leftover from painting the mantel on this project...
So, I used it -- plus! a tie-in to the mantel color = bonus!
The color of the paint (satin finish) was Valspar "Twinkle-Twinkle" ...their color of the year!
First I painted the candlestick -- all over.
Since I was going to distress it, I was not too careful with the paint application (...had nothing to do with the alcohol in the background! LOL)
Then I used a cutting from cotton flannel pj's to wipe off paint... letting some stay in the knots and crevices.
Here's the completed candlestick. (My 94 year old dad would quip that it still needs a lot of paint! LOL)
I really like the new contrast of wall/candlestick.
FYI: the base of the candle was a bit wide for the top of candlestick... so I just took a vegetable peeler and pared it off a bit! - Win.