Trash to Treasure Chairs

$20

My husband ‘rescued’ these off the side of the road meant for the trash. I’m glad he did that cause check out these chairs! Yes, the cushions were outdated and had seen better days, but I knew I didn’t have too much work to do to fix these babies up. I really like the shape and size of them. Bonus, they swivel! I knew these would make the perfect addition to our upstairs deck area.

Step 1, Sand…

As you can see there were some spots that were missing stain and looked a little frayed and beat up. To fix this, I just sanded those spots down using some sand paper from the garage.

Step 2, Paint…

Chocolate Swirl by Behr was the color I chose.
I was excited to use my new paint sprayer (the Wagner FLEXiO 5000) for this project. This thing is pretty great.
If you don’t have a paint sprayer and you like to do projects like this, do yourself a favor and get one. It makes life so much easier! The FLEXiO is awesome. Check out my video.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Viola, here they are all fixed up. PS – It only took about 15 or 20 minutes to paint 2 chairs using my sprayer.

Last month I painted the bench (also found on the side of the road meant for the trash) and wasn’t crazy about the color I chose. While I had my paint sprayer out, I painted it the same brown as the chairs, and like it much better.  Now they look like a set that was meant to go together.
I added some cushions and pillows (that we already had) and we were good to go! Not bad for Free Chairs. They are the perfect addition to our deck area. Since we live in Florida we can use these chairs year round.

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
The House house

• Beautiful soul

I have some of that same type of furniture that I found. and I’m getting ready to work on. And I have a new paint sprayer but was wondering if you had to add any water to water down the paint a little bit before it goes through the sprayer??. I’ve never use that type of paint before! They turned out beautiful. And Lucky you living in Florida it’s 10° where I live today. Not fun at all. I’m working in my garage with four heaters. Don’t you just love find peoples trash that you can turn into the most awesome treasures to resell or half for yourself. I love it

• Fannie Smith

I have a set that someone was going to toss. In the front of mine where there is a trim that is braided. This part is bad or missing. Does anyone kn oh w where I can get some

Where there is miss braids all you see is nails. Any help is appreciated.

• Theresa

You might be able to find online upholstery or ask someone who deals in wicker furniture or look on Pinterest for an alternative to your problem with that😊

• Brenda

What did you use to cover the cushions with as you said they were kind of outdated and ratty looking?

• The House house

I Used the inserts that came with the chairs, took the covers off and then replaced them with cushion covers we already had (the sage green ones you see in the photos).