Rainbow Flower Step Stones

$30

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!Spring is the best time of the year! It's when everything is new and blooming and the COLORS! Color is everywhere! It's not like the beautiful muted colors of fall - I'm talking bright, bold blooms! Inspired by those fun colors - I created these colorful step stones!
Start with a bag of river stones. Pick out the broken ones and try to get a large amount that are the same size. The smaller pieces are perfect for the centers of the "flowers" and the long ones are perfect for the petals.
Set out groups for each color. I used 7-8 for each color flower with one extra for the center of the "flower".
Spray paint your groups of rocks. Dig through your spray paint stash and get all the bright pretty colors! Or maybe you'd prefer a daisy walkway - use white and yellow! Get creative and use the colors of your choice.
Once your rocks dry it's time to create the stones. I used dollar store pie tins. Grease with petroleum jelly so they remove easily.
Mix up your concrete according to the directions.
Fill up your pie tin.
level out the concrete in the pie tin.
Add in your stones! Press them into the shape of a flower and add a center stone for the perfect shape.
These are an adorable, decorative addition to your garden!
If you loved this project, please check our BACK YARD makeover next!

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Amber Oliver

• Laverne

This is nice! I'm going to try making them with my three-year-old grandson this summer. Thank you.

• Su Murray

Are these thick enough to walk on?

• Nancy Slater

It does not look like they are walkable. I am going to put a wire loop on the back so I can hang them on the fence. Just my opinion.

• Cuky Cruz

can you use oil to grease the pan, and can I use the disposable pans from dollar store. How much cement should I use, since I saw you using 8 oz. plastic cup

• Linda Lewis O'Brien

I will definitely be making these with my grandkids

• Nancy Slater

Yes i will try this project, They do not look strong enough to step on so I plan to put a wire ring on the back to hang them on the fence and bring them in in winter.