Rainbow Flower Step Stones

$30

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!Spring is the best time of the year! It's when everything is new and blooming and the COLORS! Color is everywhere! It's not like the beautiful muted colors of fall - I'm talking bright, bold blooms! Inspired by those fun colors - I created these colorful step stones!
Start with a bag of river stones. Pick out the broken ones and try to get a large amount that are the same size. The smaller pieces are perfect for the centers of the "flowers" and the long ones are perfect for the petals.
Set out groups for each color. I used 7-8 for each color flower with one extra for the center of the "flower".
Spray paint your groups of rocks. Dig through your spray paint stash and get all the bright pretty colors! Or maybe you'd prefer a daisy walkway - use white and yellow! Get creative and use the colors of your choice.
Once your rocks dry it's time to create the stones. I used dollar store pie tins. Grease with petroleum jelly so they remove easily.
Mix up your concrete according to the directions.
Fill up your pie tin.
level out the concrete in the pie tin.
Add in your stones! Press them into the shape of a flower and add a center stone for the perfect shape.
These are an adorable, decorative addition to your garden!
If you loved this project, please check our BACK YARD makeover next!

Amber Oliver

• Jane

Can you show a picture of how you set your steps. Looks like a project I would like to do.

• Laverne

This is nice! I'm going to try making them with my three-year-old grandson this summer. Thank you.

• Su Murray

Are these thick enough to walk on?

• Linda Wells

Love it... will try this in spring...

• Isabel

I Love it!!!! It looks fun and easy to do it. Im going to try doing it with my grandkids this coming spring....thanks so much for sharing.!!!!!