Make an Easy Valentine's Arrangement

$30

How about making a fun and simple Valentine's arrangement to enjoy yourself, or to give as a gift?
Start this project with a pair of clear glass cylinders, one that fits inside the other. You can notice that my smaller one is not a true cylinder. It is best if you can find similar height and simple cylinders.
The smaller container must fit inside the larger one with a space between the two. 
In order to make my containers level at the top, I filled the bottom of my larger container with a couple of inches of conversation hearts. 
Using waterproof floral tape, make a grid across the top of the smaller container. 
Time to get out some Press’n Seal or some similar wrap that will seal well. 
Fill the smaller container with water and seal the top of it with the plastic wrap as shown above. Trim the plastic wrap so there is only enough to seal the top edge. 
Set the covered smaller container inside the larger one and begin to fill the space between the containers with candy conversation hearts. 
Fill the space between the two cylinders all the way to the top. 
Carefully peel the plastic wrap off of your smaller cylinder. This method should keep water out of your candies and candy out of your water. 
Now it is time to add flowers to your container. Use the grid to stick your stems through. 
Continue to add flowers to build up your arrangement.
I used all daisies for my arrangement and then added some babies breath to mine. Miniature carnations would be an easy alternative for this arrangement. 
I found these cute conversation heart picks at Hobby Lobby to keep my theme going! 
There you have it! Make your own conversation  heart flower arrangement for Valentine’s Day! You could also fill the space with red hots, or wrapped Valentine chocolates! 

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Chloe Crabtree

• Amy5464445

How do you change the water without having to start over filling the outer container?

• Angie Weisheit

When you're making this with fresh cut flowers as you did, they don't last long enough to need a complete water change anyway. The best way to preserve fresh cut flowers is to take each one out every couple of days and cut the "soggy" part off at an angle, half an inch or so, and add a little fresh water.

Cute idea! Could be done for any holiday or special occasion!

• Kim Simpson

I have 5 dollar store vases that I would like to decorate for next Christmas as gifts for my friends. What can I do?