DIY WOOD RESIN TRAY

$45

How we made our first resin tray! Sharing the good and bad! Working with resin and wood!
First we cut our wood board in half.This project had a lot of hiccups along the way. I'll share the basics of the project but, if you want in depth info check out the blog post- https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-wood-resin-tray/
I removed all the bark on both edges of the wood and stained it. Before continuing to work on it I let the stain cure overnight.
To prep my surface I applied clear tape over some MDF wood. I went with MDF because it's flat and smooth.
Next we added silicone to the bottom. Just two lines of silicone along the edge and we lay it flat on the surface. I also added tape to the wood pieces on the sides and siliconed it too. Keep in mind not to leave silicone anywhere you want the resin to stick to.If this is confusing check out the blog link ( scroll down)
I mixed casting resin and coated the edges on the inside first. I let it set for 3-5 hours until the resin was tacky. This keeps all the dirt at the bottom once you fill the center completely full with resin.
Than I poured the center completely full with resin and let it set overnight.
I added clear resin over the top the next day and let it set for another 24 hours before installing the handles.
Here's how it looks! So happy with how it turned out. It was quite a bit of work but I plan on keeping this for a long time and passing it onto my kids
I hope this inspires you to make your own tray! :DFor the full tutorial, list of exact products used and an in-depth video check out my blog post - https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-wood-resin-tray/

Lily Oleynik