All the ingredients!
DIY Bohemian Chandelier
I love the way this came out! This was so cheap and simple to make! I used a Dollar Tree wreath form as the base, twine, jute rope, floral wire and wood beads to create this beauty. Honestly, I didn’t expect it to come out this good, it looks so perfect in my guest bathroom! As a renter, I can’t change my light fixtures out, so this was my solution. It added the perfect bohemian flair to a small space.
To start, I wrapped the entire form in rope and twine. These forms are from the Dollar Tree, you get two in a pack. I only used one for this, so I have another one for a future project! For the inside two loops, I wrapped those in twine. I found the twine at Michaels for $2 with a coupon. You also want to wrap the connector pieces between each loop. I wanted to create some depth so I wrapped the out-most ring with jute rope. I had the rope left over from other projects, but I think I originally got the whole thing for $4. I thought it gave it a bolder, more expensive look!
After the form is completely wrapped, start by taking the floral wire and stringing beads. I did them in all different lengths. What helped me was counting out how many I wanted on a strand. I made mine by starting with small beads, then medium, then larger, then I would switch back to medium and ending with small beads. The bead pack I used from Michaels comes with three different sizes. For each strand I would just add or subtract another couple beads in each size. I put the large beads in the middle so that when I attached the strand to the form, the lowest point would be thick. I did this to create consistency with each strand but you don’t have to! Have fun with it! It’s a little time consuming but you get the hang of it. 😊
After you’ve strung your beads however you like, I simply wrapped the wire around the form. I used copper floral wire because I knew it would be exposed. I like the look of it! I did try to place each one as tight as possible before cutting the excess wire off. You may want to use gloves for this part, the wire can be a little sharp!
As you can see, I just repeated this process over and over!
To hang the form, I made three little hooks out of the floral wire! After taking down the old globe, I wrapped one end of each hook onto the old screws that held the globe. Surprisingly the chandelier isn’t that heavy and this was more than enough to support it. After, I just hooked the form up to the hooks and presto! New look for an old fixture!
The After. It came out so well! I’m so happy with the results! I didn’t use all the materials I bought, so I figure in total this cost around $5 to make. I have received so many compliments on it! The nice thing is, when I go to move, just remove it and re-hang the old globe! I hope you enjoy and this inspires you to create your own! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @justinwray for weekly DIY. 😊
Top Hometalk Projects
To see more: //www.instagram.com/justinwray