DIY Bohemian Chandelier

$5
1 Day

I love the way this came out! This was so cheap and simple to make! I used a Dollar Tree wreath form as the base, twine, jute rope, floral wire and wood beads to create this beauty. Honestly, I didn’t expect it to come out this good, it looks so perfect in my guest bathroom! As a renter, I can’t change my light fixtures out, so this was my solution. It added the perfect bohemian flair to a small space.

All the ingredients!

To start, I wrapped the entire form in rope and twine. These forms are from the Dollar Tree, you get two in a pack. I only used one for this, so I have another one for a future project! For the inside two loops, I wrapped those in twine. I found the twine at Michaels for $2 with a coupon. You also want to wrap the connector pieces between each loop. I wanted to create some depth so I wrapped the out-most ring with jute rope. I had the rope left over from other projects, but I think I originally got the whole thing for $4. I thought it gave it a bolder, more expensive look!

After the form is completely wrapped, start by taking the floral wire and stringing beads. I did them in all different lengths. What helped me was counting out how many I wanted on a strand. I made mine by starting with small beads, then medium, then larger, then I would switch back to medium and ending with small beads. The bead pack I used from Michaels comes with three different sizes. For each strand I would just add or subtract another couple beads in each size. I put the large beads in the middle so that when I attached the strand to the form, the lowest point would be thick. I did this to create consistency with each strand but you don’t have to! Have fun with it! It’s a little time consuming but you get the hang of it. 😊

After you’ve strung your beads however you like, I simply wrapped the wire around the form. I used copper floral wire because I knew it would be exposed. I like the look of it! I did try to place each one as tight as possible before cutting the excess wire off. You may want to use gloves for this part, the wire can be a little sharp!

As you can see, I just repeated this process over and over!

To hang the form, I made three little hooks out of the floral wire! After taking down the old globe, I wrapped one end of each hook onto the old screws that held the globe. Surprisingly the chandelier isn’t that heavy and this was more than enough to support it. After, I just hooked the form up to the hooks and presto! New look for an old fixture!

The Before

The After. It came out so well! I’m so happy with the results! I didn’t use all the materials I bought, so I figure in total this cost around $5 to make. I have received so many compliments on it! The nice thing is, when I go to move, just remove it and re-hang the old globe! I hope you enjoy and this inspires you to create your own! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @justinwray for weekly DIY. 😊

To see more: //www.instagram.com/justinwray

• Pam Olson

I'm going to try this out in white beads for my office. It looks like you may have about 3 strands of looped beads per tier? Is that about right? And did you have the longer tiers on the outside tier with shorter strands on the interior tiers? Thanks for sharing.

• Justin Beiter

Yes! I wanted it to look longer on the outside and more full on the inside. I did two strands three times around each tier. What a great idea for your office! Good luck! 😊

• Penny McCumber

What kind of light bulb did you use inside? Is it a decorative bulb or a regular bulb inside a Plain globe?

• Justin Beiter

It’s an Edison bulb, I thought it may look a little fancier that way. 😊

• Dreama Gray

What gauge wire did you use?