Barstool Makeover

3 materials
$60

It is so crazy to see what a little paint and fabric can do to some furniture. With imagination, paint and fabric, possibilities can really be endless. I was looking for some new bar stools that had backs on them, but I didn’t want to spend a fortune on them. I found these ordinary stools on Facebook marketplace for just $30.

At first I wanted to do something fun and out of the box, so I bought some yarn and began wrapping. But the more I looked at it, the more I thought spray painting them white was the way to go.

Although this was a fun and interesting design, it just looked too harsh against all the white in the space.

After seeing them white, I knew keeping them simple would be the way to go. So I began covering the cushions with a faux leather fabric.

I cut the fabric with some excess to ensure I could secure it to the underside.

I secured the back using a staple gun.

I then finished spraying the stools with a white spray paint and I couldn’t be happier with the finished stools.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 30 comments
Next