Spring Into a Rustic Wine Bar

$15

A good friend sold me a stack of vintage tongue and groove wood. It was a great deal because the nails were already removed. In researching what to do with it, I came across a simple hanging wine rack made with old springs. The springs were hiding in my treasure room. Found...

I took 8 of the boards and 3 springs and played with the layout.

After deciding on the layout I attached the boards with 2 scrap pieces of pine using 1 1/2 inch screws.

The next idea was to add a shelf at the bottom. I cut 4 slots to hold wine glasses. Using 3” screws I attached the shelf to the bottom.

The next step I positioned the springs and attached them using double pointed tacks.

The final step was to add hangers to the back. I used screws and sturdy wire because of the weight of the the wood, bottles and glasses.

I liked the rustic look of the wood so much I left it as is. The other side of the wood is a chippy blue paint so the next one I make will be painted blue.

This was a simple but cool way to build a wine bar. The reward on completion is to crack open a bottle. I don’t suggest you drink and craft when using power tools.

• Maude LaFountain

I love it !!!! And I love WINE !!!! Need to make me one of these really really do !!! ....Thanks for sharing ...I already have the bed springs ,......That's a big plus because they are so hard to come by now days and when you do find them they are outrageous on the prices of them ...my friend gave me a full set of the springs so I can make all kinds of things with them but by far this is my favorite that I have seen ...Thanks again for sharing !!!!

• Gary Hardman

Thanks Maude, who would have thunk bedsprings would be such a treasure trove. Can’t wait to see your posted project using them.

• Anita Wallace Jackson

love this! Any ideas on how to make coffee bar like this

• Gary Hardman

Thanks Anita. Look on line for Coffee bar ideas. Etsy, Pinterest and HomeTalk are my favorite go to for ideas.